5 replies to this topic

#1 Artem

Artem

• Beta Tester
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Good afternoon,

SInce almost 3 days I did setup my ASA DDM60PRO and I have a problem, which is!! I guess you call it HOMEFIND !!

Here is what I do..

I insert the correct location via GPS; and synchronize the time / date via GPS and save the settings

and then balance the mount and also optimize it via AUTO-OPTIMIZER.. and then move to HOMEFIND..

I setup the mount as described in the document "Autoslew Software Manual for mounts with incremental encoders" (Homefind and Homeposition page 17)..

Counter weight shaft horizontal (pointing towards EAST if you are on the northern hemisphere, pointing
towards WEST if you are on the southern hemisphere, telescope vertical)

Despite all this, I never get AUTOSLEW to calibrate RA/DE with success but always get the error, in the message box in AUTOSLEW
that it failed..

What am I doing wrong ?? can someone give me hints ?

Could it be that I have the same problem as decsribed in the thread.. 

If so, how I can reinsert or  re-enter the key. ? in the thread above, there is no further details how to perfrom that..

Thank you

Martin

Edited by Artem, 03 April 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#2 Artem

Artem

• Beta Tester
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Update !!

Did manage to find how to reset or insert or  re-enter the key.!! and did also manage to CALIBRATE with HOMEFIND but only when the poistion is on WEST SIDE !! despite it is written that Counter weight shaft horizontal (pointing towards EAST if you are on the northern hemisphere :wub: and I am situated in NORTH !!

Counter weight shaft horizontal (pointing towards EAST if you are on the northern hemisphere, pointing
towards WEST if you are on the southern hemisphere, telescope vertical)

Anyway, I have a lot to learn, this ASA DDM60 is totally different from all monuts I had in the past.. is only a matter of time..

Bye

Martin

Edited by Artem, 03 April 2018 - 06:25 PM.

#3 mirco

mirco

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hi Artem,

you could try to calibrate axis also in a manual way for this procedure. So, telescope and counterweight shaft in the position you know, then turn off motor (click on the red or green label); it opens a new item that invite to move SLOWLY by hands the axis in order to find the reference point on the encoder. The same for the other axis. During all this, could help you to put adesive little label on the rings of mount at the position of calibrated axis, so when you next will use the normal homefind procedure you can start it with telescope and counterweight not too far from the reference points (anyway, be careful, not too close to reference point that you have find). And about which part is better, left or right from reference points, you have to consider the first rotation of both axis during automatic procedure. Hope this help you

Ciao

Mirco

#4 mirco

mirco

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Ops,

i' ve just seen..... Happy birthday Martin!

Bye

Mirco

#5 Artem

Artem

• Beta Tester
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:23 AM

Hello Mirco,

Thank you for your answer and fir Birthday greetings..

Mirco one other queston, hiw would i get notified when and during manual homefind process as described in your answer, that i did hit or find the reference points?
Would Autoslew give somehow notificaton?
And if, how ?

Tiday afternoon, after work, i shall try..
Thank you

Martin

#6 Artem

Artem

• Beta Tester
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

I have it Mirco.. !!

The so called homefind as you did describe above ( manually )

Thank you

Martin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HOMEFIND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users