DDM 85 Premium basic operation.

Abbas

Question

Dear All.

How are you.
I got ASA DDM85 Premium Mount.
I am facing the Basic operational steps to run the mount.
1, Down load the Autoslew latest version, provided the Sr# , plugs the power cable and COM cable,Motor on and off ( functioning). But some time Autoslew shows RA sensor wrong position error some times shows DE position error.
I dont understand whats are correct steps to run mount.
Mount is not getting on home position neither by autoslew nor by the Sky X Pro.
2,How to work on sequence software. and what are hardware required it?
Even dont get current autoslew Manual .
4,Will you guide me what are the required steps to run the mount.
5,Kindly provide me the contact ASA representative who can assist/whats app/ vedio call, or any one who can help out.
Thank you.
Waiting for your reply.

Regards.
Syed Abbas
+92 300 3333237
abbasjafri14@yahoo.com
Taqwa Observatory.
Kerner ,near Bela City ,Provence Balochistan .Pakistan.
www.taqwaobservatory.com

3 answers to this question

The ASA website has Autoslew and Sequence Manual downloads available.

You need to download the correct Manuals - there are different instructions for mounts with absolute encoders or relative encoders.

The manuals give step by step instructions on setting up. It is important to follow the instructions very carefully, as ASA mounts behave differently from others.

If you are still having difficulty with operation of the mount, after following the instructions, ask for help from ASA support. The email address is on the ASA website.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Yes I downloaded the AS and Sequence soft wares ,install them problem was there was nt any instruction manual. I asked to ASA they sent me the manual I follow the instructions got the mount working in my coordinates.

I have the SKY X Pro, for Sequence may I need Maxim DL too??

Currently I have a DSLR Nikon D810 A.

I am lacking the flowchart operation to achieve the maximum potential of ASA DDM 85 premium.

The problem is the observatory is located 210 Km from my residence thats why trying to give more time to learn the operation.

Clear Skies.

Syed Abbas

For the Autoslew Manuals go to the Downloads Tab on the main website. Open Google Drive, then:

For Autoslew: Customer Downloads>Software>Autoslew>Manuals. There you will find the correct manual for your mount.

For Sequence: Customer Downloads>Software>Sequence>Sequence200. You will also find other useful information notes.

You should have MaximDL to manage the camera. I use it to do this, and MaximDL is in turn managed by Sequence.

Mark