Strange new problem with Sequence

MikePaling

Hi folks ..

Last night I set Sequence to do a run of 5 x 500 sec H alpha subs and after doing and saving the first two subs it came up with an error message and stopped working. All other software and scope continued unaffected.

I restarted Sequence with the same set of instructions ... same thing.

I did get an error massage on the screen after Sequence stopped working .... which I am going to attach to this message.

When I check the Sequence log there is no sign at the end of the log that anything unusual happened ... the log just stops recording after the second sub had been saved ... nothing about a problem happening.

The 500sec subs that did get saved look to be OK ... but I haven't got around to doing anything with them yet.

I have been using Sequence for the last two years without any similar problems ... but I don't often ask it to do subs longer than 300 sec. As I am trying to image a fairly faint object at the minute I really need to do some longer subs .... if possible!

Does anybody have any ideas why I am having this problem???

ERROR MESSAGE FROM SEQUENCE.txt

Very strange, Mike!

I can't really offer much help, except to say that I've never had this problem with any of the Sequence versions up to 2.1.1, which I'm currently using with Autoslew 5244.  

All my narrow band subs are 600 sec+.

I've never been able to decipher these error messages. Since the problem has spontaneously emerged, could a cable have become dodgy?

Mark

Hi Mark ... thanks for you thoughts about my problem.

As far as I know my cables are OK and definitely don't get snagged in any position.

I have just spotted a second log file that Sequence produced after it stopped working ... not seen this sort of thing before. Looking at the timings this log must have been produced when I closed Sequence down approx. 4 minutes after it stopped working. The log had this single line on it ... " Readoutmode reading from Maxim failed ! "

When I look at the various settings panels inside Sequence ... on the CCD setup screen on the top right there is a small tick box about "readout modes from the CCD " ... there is no mention of this tick box in my Sequence manual .... my manual must be for a slightly earlier version. Do you have this box ticked or not ????

Could this Tickbox possibly be the source of my problems?

Mike

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but I have always had the 'Don't use Readoutmodes' box ticked.

I guess it may depend on the camera, but I only use the slowest readout modes anyway. I suppose by ticking the box Sequence ignores Maxim readoutmode reading.

Mark

Hi Mark ..

I was told a few days ago that I my Moravian G2 Mono CCD does NOT have any special readout modes so I have now been set by ticking the relevant box. Hopefully that will solve one of my problems.

I also found out that my initial problem was probably caused by my Sequence "PersonalSettings" file .config file was probably corrupted when I stopped a Sequence run while it was running. I was advised to delete this file and start over again. Apparently this can happen on occasions.

All seems to be working OK when I do some dummy runs ... but I need to check things out properly when I get a clear night sky.

Mike

Hi Mark ..

I was told a few days ago that I my Moravian G2 Mono CCD does NOT have any special readout modes so I have now been set by ticking the relevant box. Hopefully that will solve one of my problems.

I also found out that my initial problem was probably caused by my Sequence "PersonalSettings" file .config file was probably corrupted when I stopped a Sequence run while it was running. I was advised to delete this file and start over again. Apparently this can happen on occasions.

All seems to be working OK when I do some dummy runs ... but I need to check things out properly when I get a clear night sky.

Mike

I reinstalled 2.1.3 and removed all config files. It still crashes.  It goes through sync, MLPT, autofocus then completes 4 to 22 images as planned but then crashes.

I can not find any thing in the logs. Once log end with a relax slew but autoslew is still working. Most just stop after saving an image.

Emailed ASA.

Ma

Max,

Two issues come to mind:

1. Have you tried re-installing 209 - or 211? (211 works fine for me)

2. Have you tried unchecking the 'Use Readout Modes' box?

These steps may at least give you some idea of what the trouble might be....

Mark

I can now confirm that my copy of Sequence is working properly :-)  My problem looks like it was a corrupted "PersonalSettings .config" file probably caused by interrupting an imaging run.

I am using v211 ... is v213  a beta version that has not been officially released yet?

Mike

• 1 month later...

Anyone found a stable version of Autoslew and Sequence ?

I would still get crashes after a number of images using the 5224 and Seq 211

I start using guiding again with SGP because I was frustrated with Sequence.   

I had to rollback to 5119 Autoslew due to compatibility problems with SGP.

I might able to try a new version of autoslew since SGP did a update to fix the problem I reported.

I would be nice try MLPT sequence again it would be nice when the bugs are fixed.

Max