2 replies to this topic

#1 LucMurphy

LucMurphy

• Beta Tester
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:33 AM

Good evening fellow ASAer,

I recently got a an issue with the GPS USB dongle. Autoslew is no longer "seeing" the GPS.

The GPS sensor and Virtual Com port are both visible in Device Manager. To make sure it wasn't a driver issue, I downloaded the latest drivers from u-blox. I run Autoslew 5247 and Window 10.

Anyone got a similar issue and have an idea?

Luc

#2 MarkS

MarkS

• Beta Tester
  • 486 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

Hi Luc,

The following may be irrelevant in your case, but for what it's worth:

I assume the Comport assignment in Autoslew matches the assignment in Device Manager, and that the GPS Comport is on (box in Autoslew Comports Window is ticked).

Trivial I know but worth checking.

I have had issues with the GPS plugged directly into my laptop. Using a relatively short (2m) heavily shielded USB connector cured the problem!!!  Using a longer unshielded lead caused it to fail again....go figure! And the same happened with a second GPS.

Good luck,

Mark

#3 LucMurphy

LucMurphy

• Beta Tester
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:51 PM

Hi Mark,

Not a trivial question at all actually but stranger than your answer suggests. The comport assigned to the virtual port device in Device Manager is not visible in Autoslew! (for completeness, the virtual port device is needed because the GPS can't talk directly program that communicate trhoug comport like Autoslew). Device manager also sees the GPS sensor (under the sensor grou). 

I had the same issue as you for connecting directly to the latop, but in my latest trails, both configurations (direct to laptop and usb connector) were tried. Although my usb cable was not heavily shielded. I will try that.

Thanks

Luc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users