I own both most popular tools, i.e. the catseye set (Infinity XLK + Blackcat XL) as well as Howie Glatter's tools (along with tuBlug and some other tool for secondary adjustment)... both tools have some weak points that piss me off very much (I am very demanding customer who hates any weak points ever).
As MarkS (above) points out, it's essential to not tighten any of the screws, rather to make sure you strongly fit the front side of the collimating tool to the 2" sleeve. I hate this approach, but all the manufacturers are just idiots...
strong points of Howie Glatter's tools:
+ using tuBlug (essential thing) you prevent the common tilt (wobbling) issue in the sleeve holder!
+ tuBlug also allows you to collimate from the back end of the OTA and just watch the pattern from behind as usually done with common lasers that visualists use
weak points of Howie Glatter's tools:
- since it is a laser, it itself needs to be collimated well in the factory (a random point, if you are unlucky man like me...)
- in overall the laser is lot less precise than Catseye!
strong points of Catseye tools:
+ it is very precise (precise-most) tool which in the end renders a weak point:
weak points of Catseye tools:
- due to high precision, it always shows me some residual error - I never saw my pattern 100% perfect (using triangles) there's still some error left and I have two sets of both tools (my and my friends one)
- doesn't fix the common wobbling issue like tuBlug (why don't the "idiots" make tools for screwed attachments for us photographers - that would rule out all wobbling/tilt issues and only tilt in camera sensor would be left - I know why, because only 1% of people (like me and few others) are able to detect this stupidity the rest 99% downsize images to 50% and seems to be happy with it)
- using it with bigger then 10" size Newtonian is a problem with ASA as collimating ASA with two different hex keys from behind is VERY uncomfortable (you can't look directly into the infinity and at the same time play with the stupid hex keys...) a man would like to have some webcam looking into the infinity (problem to look into both holes, central and offset)
on the other side - when you finish the hard to do collimation of ASA, the ASA is really WELL built and HOLDs collimation!!! this is most important.
anyway, the best (random luck) of Newtonian collimation was this:
but since I let ASA to fix the non-parallel problem with my secondary vane (spider holder) - so now I have much better spikes from bright stars - I did not manage to collimate well and reproduce the unbelievable "luck" demonstrated on the image above...