parking mount with CCD-commander

astrobry

Question

Parking mount isn’t working correctly.

I Use the mount/telescope/camera with MaximDL /The Sky 6 /pinpoint-full/POTH-ascom and CCDcommander to automate the observatory.

I want to use CCDCommander for imaging. There is  a action for parking the mount. My park postion is below the horizon because the use of a roll-off observatory.

When I give the command in CCDC for ‘parking mount’, nothing happened. When I do a ‘similated park’ (Alt/Az coordinates must be given),   the mount goes first with counterweightshaft to East, while it must go to West and telescope goes to horizon in DEC.. Problem is that the telescope hit the wall (my observatory is a little to small for parking the telescope in that direction) and mount stops.  I don’t know how I can park the mount via CCDcommander on a correct way because the mount goes to the wrong direction.  Has somebody the same problem ? I don’t know why the mount goes first to the wrong direction.  The Alt/Az.  coordinates seems OK to me. problem with CCD-commander or The Sky ? or a pointing problem below that region where i want to park ?

thanks for reading !

Erik

2 answers to this question

Hi Erik,

I use the same configuration as you (except The Sky) and have no problems using the park command in CCDCommander. The SW through ASCOM can only use the coordinates saved in Position 1. There can be a 180deg. confusion in Az. between softwares, I would suggest that you move your telescope manually with the slew buttons in Autoslew to the desired position and then save it as your park position 1. Worked for me. 

Best regards,

Gerhard

I did a test again. What i see now is that parking via Autoslew is working fine except the mount parks not low enough. Maybe some settings in autoslew. limits are set to -8°, park position is about -2°. What is notice is that the RA is limited , maybe has another setting a influence as well ?

Next: when i give a park command via CCD_Commander. The mount parks on totaly other location, the telescope (and mount) are going to about 45° in direction South. I don't understand, the park position in autoslew is correct and whe ik give the park command (like defined in park position 1) the mount slew to the correct position.

any idea ?

best regards

Erik