NGC6888

GerhardB

COngratulations. Yes Nerpio is a ver good place with dark skies. Fortuantely ..we maintain some minor dark places all over Spain. I´m sited in another great dak place at Southwest of Spain.. .near National Park of Monfrague (Caceres).. with most nights into the 21.3-21.7 darkness range .... Unfortunately pollution pression is growing all over the country. I can see it everyday due to my travel opportunities for all over the country. Dark sites are like extinct danger species... A treasure to keep. Enjoy Nerpio, Monfrague, Ager,..These are the last places ...I´m afraid :-(

The image is an spectacle itself¡. SImply a little masterpiece.

BR

Antonio

Edited by afesan

Antonio, Lukus , Thank you very much for the nice comments.

@Antonio: Though you have a few 'hot spots' in Spain, in many parts of your country light pollution is much less dramatic than in most parts of Europe. Luckily you found yourself a dark spot - according to the light pollution map very similar to Nerpio, though later is at a higher elevation (1800).

@Lukas: Since MLPT cannot be automatized in the current version of Sequence, I have to rely on an autoguider, Waiting eagerly for the new release ...

Best regards,

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

interesting... The coming week I should finally get my new scope, then I'll try my luck from these alpine skies here. Also waiting on the new Sequence version :)

If I may ask, are you using a guide scope or a Off-axis guider? I guess that, with that big-chip'ed camera, it is not easy to find a decend off-axis guider...

Thanks

Lukas