Problem in MLPT over meridian without flip / Keeping "Telescope is East"

Kazuo Horiuchi

Question

Dear Sir,

Are there any one who can conduct the MLPT in Sequence correctly over meridian without flip, 

with keeping "Telescope is East" ?

I am living in Japan, which is north hemisphere as you know and using DDM85 Standard(DDM85X-SL).

Please give me any advice so that I can conduct the "MLPT" correctly over meridian without flip.

I am very satisfied with "MLPT" and Pointing file(16-Stars in East and 16-Stars in west),

which I can get very "round stars" more than 40 minutes with 1880mm focal length in both East and West.

But in case I conduct "MLPT" from East to West, over meridian but no flip due to my settings are below.

In this "over meridian but no flip", I can not get "dot" results in MLPT after over meridian.

Please see the screen shot: (or attached MLPT#1.PNG)

In this screenshot, I can not see last "2 dots" after over meridian.

In addition, in case I execute "Load and Draw LPT File" function in More Tools section,

the result is as below: (or attached MLPT_load&Draw.PNG)

In this screenshot, Total Exposure time(min) is quite strange, which is -1387.8 and result dots are also strange !!

I checked inside the 5Sarts.lpt with Windows "Notepad", there seems to be strange values inside

which are highlighted in "Red" in the screenshot below: (or attached MLPT_test.PNG)

I am using the following versions.

-Autoslew: Version 5.1.1.2

-Sequence: Version 0.0.0.9

Settings in Autoslew are below:

- Mount --> 

Type, Limits --> 

How far can you go through the Meridian with your German Mount ? : 30.0

- Mount -->

Flip Options : stay on side

I have looked inside old "Yahoo Group" and found similar issue which were raised by Mr. robert.pudlo

dated Dec 2, 2011 6:44 pm.

But I can not see any final solution nor answer for this issue.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Kazuo Horiuchi

MLPT#1.PNG

MLPT_load&Draw.PNG

MLPT_text.PNG

Edited by Kazuo Horiuchi

6 answers to this question

Hello Kazuo,

I can confirm that there is a problem with MLPT in case you record a local pointing file starting east of the meridian and ending west of the meridian.

I reported that back to ASA quite a while ago and again two days ago as a first feedback with regards to the beta version of Sequence 2.0.

I got a reply from Philip Keller who was not aware that this problem exists and I try to support him in resolving the issue by providing further information.

So I guess at the moment, you will have to wait until the new version is available. You might consider to volunteer as a beta tester for the new sequence, hoping that there will be a fix in a new beta version available soon.

Best regards and clear skies,

Robert

Hi there,

0.0.9 can't make MLPT through the Meridian.

Also, there is a bug when the MLPT is going through the Meridian so you have to try to either have the full MLPT on East side or on West side.

We are working on a new Version which Robert mentioned and where MLPT even with flippling between the exposures will be possible.

Dear Mr. Robert and Mr. P.Keller,

Thank you so much for both your comments !!

I understood current situation and looking forward to try new Version once it is available.

Regarding volunteer as a beta tester, I am happy to be a beta tester even I'm not sure how much  I can contribute.

I will check new update in this forum frequently.

Now I'm very happy because I am one of DDM85 users because I can get very valuable supports in this forum.

Best Regards from Japan.

Kazuo Horiuchi

Hi Kazuo,

I just tested the beta release of Sequence (version  version 2.0.1) together with autoslew 5.2.0.2 and can confirm that doing an MLPT through the meridian now works great!

So I would recommend that you register as beta tester to be able to use these versions,

best regards from Ulm,

Robert

Hi Kazuo,

I just tested the beta release of Sequence (version  version 2.0.1) together with autoslew 5.2.0.2 and can confirm that doing an MLPT through the meridian now works great!

So I would recommend that you register as beta tester to be able to use these versions,

best regards from Ulm,

Robert

Welcome. When and where can I download version 2.0.1 Sequence. thank you