Import of Yahoo useful materials ?

Hi all,

As Bernd said on ASA Yahoo, there is a lot of very useful material about ASA mounts on the ASA Yahoo forum, but unfortunately it is quite difficult to find when you need it, because most of the time (and particularly for newcomers) you just dont know that it exists.

I wonder if this forum is the right place to import such material or if a dedicated forum would be preferable, probably in the "ASA Direct Drive Mounts" section.

Anyway, it would be very helpful to all users of ASA mounts to have such a forum (or better, a wiki), where this material can be put and updated.

What do you think?

Best regards.

Bernard

Good idea. When I just received my DDM60 I was struggling with the homefinding routine, autotuning and tuning in general (PID). The supplied manual is a bit outdated and incomplete.

This and this are useful posts

Edited by jjongmans

I also think the idea would be good.

One method I can think of would be a kind of living document, sorted by topics, with links to the Yahoo forum. Ideally, everybody should be able to edit it. To prevent data loss, there should be a locking mechanism allowing only one person to edit it at a time.

The drawback of this method is, that I think it doesn't work with standard means of the new forum. I.e. somebody at ASA would have to program something special just for this purpose.

A more feasible idea would be to start a thread where everybody can add posts with his "favorite" links including a short description. This would however easily become somewhat unordered.

Useful links for me would be first of all most of Dr. Philipp Keller's posts; especially those where he links to additional documents for the DDM mounts that are not otherwise available.

Best regards,

Bernd