Manual star centering after "Move Star Now"

sollner77

Question

After executing the "Move Star Now" command, the star moved from the center of the BackYardEOS window to just within the window limit.  I then tried to move the star back to center with the manual controls.  I confirmed the star image was "live, yet when using the applicable dec and ra knobs, the star did not move.  I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step set of instructions (I know it should be obvious to me, but I don't want to break or bend something out of frustration or stupidity, both of which are my frequent companions when it comes to observing and imaging.) regarding the proper technique/procedure.  Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

After executing the "Move Star Now" command, the star moved from the center of the BackYardEOS window to just within the window limit.  I then tried to move the star back to center with the manual controls.  I confirmed the star image was "live, yet when using the applicable dec and ra knobs, the star did not move.  I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step set of instructions (I know it should be obvious to me, but I don't want to break or bend something out of frustration or stupidity, both of which are my frequent companions when it comes to observing and imaging.) regarding the proper technique/procedure.  Thanks in advance.

Hi ...

if you have exuted the move star now command you havte to center the the star with the mount azimuth and pole height knobs and not with autoslew or any other software.

BR Thomas

Thanks for the response tbaehnck.  Yes, I understand and did try to use the knobs as I indicated in my post.  After locating the procedure in the DDM85 Product Manual this morning, I realized what I failed to do was loosen the fastening screws for the az and polar angle before using the knobs.  I will incorporate (what should have been obvious to me) that procedure when I next perform the alignment process.  I appreciate your interest and advice.