ASA main mirror cover

Hi there,

I am still in the process of getting the new tube running, and today was the mirror cover day. ASA kindly replaced the original controller unit (either my fault or something wrong, but it wasn't working). The new unit works, I actually can open and close the lids manually through the software. What is not working are the automatic modes: If the lids are closed and I hit "open", nothing happens. If the lids are open and i hit "close" they close for about 30% of the needed way.

I guess I have to change something with the settings, but I have no Idea which ones are the correct ones for my covers. Has anyboy an idea or even a manual for this?

Thanks

Fortunately my mirror covers worked fine out of the box, however most of the accessory controller software (covers, rotator, focuser, etc) is very poorly documented. Rather than struggle with it I have found that ASA will set up a remote control session very readily (if you are Internet connected) to fine tune the settings for you. They did this for me with the focuser on my 400mm Cassegrain (the default settings were way off and there was no documentation anywhere about what they should be).

Edited by nakbrooks

Alright, I solved the problem and wanted to document it here.

First of all, there are two things which look important to me about the covers: You can adjust them with two screws on the side, so that they don't touch the baffle (one could call this "collimation").

Second, there is a screw in front of each motor which links the cover to the motor. Loosen it, and the motors will spin freely.

Now here is what I did:

1. Loosened everything
  2. Moved the covers manually, and checked that they don't touch the baffle. Once i was satisfied, I fastened the adjusting screws.
  3. Then I powered up the system and connected ACC. I told it to close the covers, which , after a while, I was told happened.
  4. Then I moved the covers in their closed position and fastened the front screw, so that they were now linked to the motors.

Alright, now it works perfectly. One glitch, though, still remains: If I also power up my OK3-controllerbox, the software messes thing sup and lets the OK3 motor run instead of the covers. I am sure I have to set somehow the right ports in ACC; but don't know what to do here. Hopefully somebody from ASA can help me out :)