Problem Joystick OK3Z

Wojtek Gdańsk

Mile widziane. Nie tak dawno temu kupiłem fokuser firmy ASA OK3Z. Tylko dziś wróciłem z delegacji i nie mogłem grać z nim. Program Autoslew okno Kontrola - Joystick parametry sterowania można ustawić joystick. Wydaje mi się, że mam wszystko dobrze oznakowane Autoslew, niestety nie mogę kontrolować OK3Z pomocą joysticka. Może wiesz co program Autoslew należy jeszcze sprawdzone. Czy ktoś Forum ASA wykorzystuje joystick do sterowania OK3Z. Dziękuję za szybką pomoc. 

Pozdrawiam, Wojtek.

STEROWANIE OK3Z.jpg

Ok, I translated with Google.

From the picture of Autoslew you show, the joystick is not recognized by Autoslew, as if it is not active for MS_Windows.

First make your joystick work with MS-Windows.

Then check that Autoslew recognises it. Then make it work for controlling the mount.

Then you can expect to make it work for the focuser.

Regards.

Bernard

Hello again. I DDM60 and steer it using the joystick without a problem. Unfortunately OK3Z does not work with joystick. I wrote to the ASA today and got answer that for now OK3Z does not work with joystick but in the ACC this feature will soon be available. Thank you for your interest. 

Regards, Wojtek

Are you sure that the joystick is in Autoslew for DDM85 and for OK3Z.

Of course, I use my joystick all the time when I use my telescope with an eyepiece. My wireless joystick is very helpful to adjust the focusing when looking through the eypiece, or when "walking on the moon".

What version are you using to control Autoslew DDM85?

I use Autoslew Version 5.1.1.6 with ACC.

You need to have ACC installed (you can get it on the ASA web site-> Downloads-> focuser), and to fully configure it before activating it in Autoslew.

Can you expand a little on how to activate Joystick MS_Windows?

If you use the joystick to control the mount, this means that your joystick is recognised by MS-Windows. From the picture you showed when creating this topic, the joystick icon has a red cross on it, meaning that Autoslew didn't see the joystick yet. I was not sure that your joystick driver was working for other applications.

Regards.

Bernard

Hello again. You write that you are using version 5.1.1.6 Autoslew, I'm using version 5.2.0.4 - the so-called Beta Tester. Even today I install on a laptop version of the general's son available on the ASA or 5.1.1.6. ACC program I have installed and guess? fully configured because in the ACC can move OK3Z no problem. Thank you for your help I am curious if joystick work 

Regards, Wojtek

Welcome. I bought this joystick which you use but unfortunately my OK3Z still does not work in joystick. Maybe it's the software control. My OK3Z is bought about a month ago so I have the latest software provided on the ASA after the Sept. 15, 2011. What software do you use ACC. Admittedly ASA I wrote (Dear Wojtek, 

We do not support the focuser feature in Autoslew any more. So you need to use the software control for focusing. Unfortunately there is no joystick support in the ACC at the moment. 

Sorry for the bad news. 

Best regards,) 

Regards, Wojtek.

• 4 weeks later...

i have also had trouble with the logitech F710.

it worked fine with autoslew, but then a couple of days later i had reinstalled windows 8.1 and reinstalled autoslew, and it stopped working.

it turns out that the logitech F710 is kind of a pain.  i finally got it working last night.

here is a video that might help you: 

and here is a really long thread on the logitech forum that could be helpful to you: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/Wireless-Gamepad-F710-with-Windows-8-1/td-p/1098603

Edited by prefetch