AutoSlew/ACP Mount Control Issue

wemartin

I have a DDM85/16N system that I am commissioning.  A serious control issue between ACP and AutoSlew has emerged with respect to the Telescope.Park method used in ACP.  AutoSlew apparently sets the AtPark property to True when the tracking is turned off even if the scope is not parked.  This means that ACP does cannot park the telescope first during a shutdown (since it says it is parked after the tracking is stopped) which means I cannot close the roll-off roof - it does not clear the telescope unless it is parked.

I have had a remote session with Bob Denny that demonstrates this behaviour of AutoSlew. Mr Keller please advise.

Bill Martin

Hi Philipp,

Bob Denny came with a work-around which turns the tracking back on before ACP tries to Park the scope during shutdown. This will work until the next release however, another little twist has emerged: When ACP Parks the scope from shutdown with the tracking on it now goes to Park 2 rather than Park 1. What is the ASCOM Telescope.Park method supposed to do with Park 1 and Park 2. I had always assumed that an external Park command to AutoSlew only works with Park 1. This is not a serious problem for my remote observatory since I have now set Park 1 and 2 to be the same but it is very curious.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

The issue mentioned in your first post must have been introduced in later versions of ACP and/or AS.

Until last year, I was also using a roll-off roof where my scope had to park and pier had to drop before the roof could close.

There were no issues with this at that stage.

I now have installed a dome and usually keep the roof open and pier up - so I have not noticed the problems you mention.

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dale,

Mostly cloudy here since the 1st of June so no chance to thoroughly test the work-around from Bob Denny.  It seems to work ok but I am learning not to trust anything when operating remotely.  Are you using ACP Scheduler?  Happy?

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Yes, the ACP workaround works ok and I have not been able to reproduce the Park 1, Park 2 issue. This may have been finger trouble on my part but my mount is at ASA for a USB hub upgrade so I am not able to check this at the present time.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay, have been away.

Yes, I do use ACP Scheduler and it is a great piece of software.

In theory, once everything is set up nicely, I don't even have to put my foot in my observatory - with Windows remote simply plug in my targets and on completion do the processing.

In practice I don't like keeping my camera powered up all the time, so I switch off power during the day to the pier that supplies all the equipment.

I can also confirm the issue with the mount not parking after shut down. As I now have a dome, it is not a problem for me.

Dale