Planned update Autoslew, Sequenz & Documentation 2014

admin

Hello,

We have good news for all of you who are waiting for the next step regarding Software and Documentation. We appreciate all your feedback because it helps us to make things better.

The ASA Team is aware about your concerns and trouble with Autoslew and Sequenz. To solve problems and make things easier, ASA decided to concentrate on a bigger software update which will be released at the end of the year. We beg your patient for this update and are sure that it is worth to wait for it. Critical bugs in the current version of Autoslew will be eliminated by Philipp Keller as soon as possible.

We are also closing the gap in our documentation. We will create professional manuals for Autoslew and Sequenz which will have the same quality as our mounts and optics as you already accustomed.

Your ASA Team!

Hallo,

Wir haben gute Nachrichten für jene die bereits auf den nächsten Schritt in der Software Entwicklung und den Anleitungen warten. Wir sind wirklich sehr dankbar für jede Rückmeldung die wir von euch erhalten, denn sie ermöglichen es uns Dinge besser zu machen.

Das Team von ASA kennt die Probleme und Befürchtungen die ihr bez. Autoslew und Sequenz habt. Um diese Probleme zu lösen und einiges auch zu vereinfachen, hat sich ASA dazu entschieden ein größeres Update der Software durchzuführen welches mit Ende des Jahres verfügbar sein wird. Wir bitte euch um Geduld bis zu diesem Update und sind uns sicher, dass sich das Warten für euch lohnen wird. Kritsche Bugs werden von Philipp Keller sobald als möglich noch in der bestehenden Version behoben.

Wir werden auch die Lücke in den Beschreibungen schließen. Geplant sind professionelle Beschreibungen die der bereits gewohnten Qualität unserer Montierungen und Optiken entsprechen.

Euer ASA Team!

Hello,

currently I don't have detailed information, but I'll keep you posted :) I'm sure that our beta Tester will get the software for tests as soon as Philipp think that it is stable enough for beta testing.

Best regards,

Michael

This is indeed great news. Particularly, from my point of view, regarding the professional manuals. May I suggest that the English versions be proofread by a native English speaker before publication. As I have posted in the past, there are some inappropriate uses of English words in the current manuals that are obvious to a native speaker but maybe not to non-native speakers.

Thankyou and regards,

Ian

This is absolutely fantastic news indeed....Awesome!! Thanks for letting us know that help is on it's way. I hope you can keep the momentum up with this, and deliver by the end of year. Thanks very much.

Regards,

Tim

Michael,

Thank you for providing this information. If you could, please set the appropriate expectation here:

When you say critical bugs will be eliminated, what do you feel is a reasonable expectation, 30 days, 60 days, ?

You have provided us all, a level of excitement that we can expect substantial improvements in the near future. I think it would be wise, even if somewhat vague, to provide some level of explanation regarding accomplishment.  As weeks go by, no one is aware. It is that lack of awareness that creates frustration.

Thank you ,

John

Hi John,

I talked with Egon Döberl while he is/was in his holidays he will discuss this with Philipp Keller as soon as possible. The Beta Members have posted all actual known bugs, I'm sure Philipp will try to solve them with the next release, then we will let the Beta tester test it again bevor there will be a public release.

I'll keep you posted with news.

Best regards,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Alright,

I don't want to be the party breaker here, but after two weeks (out of about 17 till "the end of the year") there's nothing new going on on the software front. In my desperation (right, the weather does its part, too) I started to look around at alternatives to those nice ASA mounts and also the software side. 

I found out, talking with guys using ACP, that Sidereal Tech's control system (especially if used on those mounts from Planewave, btw also equipped with some sort of direct drive) has an integrated pointing solution. The difference to ASA's solution here is something that hit me: You can add points to your model as you go!

Now, for a mobile user MLPT is probabily the way to go. For an observatory (stationary) user like me this feature sounds very interesting, as using an automation software like ACP would constantly improve the pointing model while you go. I imagine it would cause some implications on the software-side, but it would be something like if Autoslew would recalculate the pointing model on every sync, which I personally would quite like a bit (everything improving there would be a plus).

Just a thought, that's it. And hopefully facts will follow the announcement made two weeks ago...

Hello,

as I have promised to keep you posted regarding news, here they are....

today I had call with Philipp Keller about the next steps regarding when you can expect the next update. Philipp will review the actual bug list and try get rid most of them next week and will release a new beta to the beta group. Depending on the results, we will decide if this release will become a stable version and will be available as download for all users.

Philipp has currently to finish a bigger project and he will work hard on Autoslew starting at the middle of September.

Best regards,

Michael

Addendum: It looks good that the beta will become a stable version in a few weeks. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hallo Patrick,

die Beta Versionen sind für unsere Betatester hier im Forum zugänglich und können auf eigenes Risiko installiert werden. Im Normalfall sind die Beta stabil genug um einen Problemlosen Betrieb zu gewährleisten, aber manchmal zwickt es da und dort, weshalb wir Betaversionen nur auf Wunsch und eigenes Risiko freigeben.

Wenn du möchtest kann ich dich gerne für das Betaboard freischalten.

Viele Grüße und ein schönes Fest.

Michi