"There are still xxx Ascom Programms connected"

Robert-Poelzl

Hallo Friends,

After a session - everything worked fine....when i Close Autoslew -  i get an Information-window that many (~40) Ascom Programms are connected.

A Screenshot is attached.

During Imaging im using the "Standard" Programms:

The Sky 6

Maxim DL 5,12 (FLI Microline +Filterwheel) + Lodestar Autoguider.

Sometimes are 40 Programms connected - sometimes are ~10 Programms connected.

This window appears for a long time when i close Autoslew.

During the session i dont get any error massege.

After closing this window - everythink is fine. But it wouldt be fine if i can find the reason for this.

Thanks

Robert

more ascomprogramms connnected .jpg

Hi Robert,

I just got MaximDL and started to use it. It crashed quite often and I had to restart it. At the end of the session, Autoslew reported several pending Ascom connectiions, but I think that they were from the crashed MaximDL runs, and were not cleaned after each crash. Did you have some crashes of Ascom connected applications?

Hallo George and "RamaSpaceShip"

Thanks for your help.

You are wright - i have to look carefully -but i think  i dont have often this USB Connection Problems. 2 -3 times the last month.

But everytime if i close Autoslew i get this massage.

Before some month ago I hat problems with USB Connections - and i change every USB cable (now with Lindy) and now any device is working fine.

Perhapps there is an other reason for these many USB connections??

But Autoslew is only connected with The Sky....

Is there a Windows application where i can find such Connections like Taskmanager or something`??

Thanks

Robert

I have similar behavior but it's not only with Autoslew, other programs report that also (like MaximDL) when closed down. However, never so many programs ...more like 2 or 3. I can get rid of those notifications by closing down running programs in a certain order but it's not worth the effort (for me). I'll restart the computer every time anyway when having a new session.

Jay  

• 1 year later...

Same for me, i have also noticed that sequence isn't shut down properly sometimes.
When checking my active processes seq32.exe is still running even after i have shut i down - it does seems that autoslew/sequence might have a problem closing connections as gmalits sais.

(autoslew 5.2.1.9, sequence 0.2.0.9)

/Daniel