Installing Autoslew and Sequence into W8.1

Jay

Got a new computer to the observatory (with Windows 8.1). Had no problem installing all other programs to the computer but used a lot of time and effort trying to install Autoslew and Sequence. Tried installing all (old, new and beta) versions but every freaking time got some kind of net framework or other problems ...nothing seemed to work. Finally tried an old trick changing the decimal point from , to . (from settings) ...and everything started working like charm. 

I'm happy that finally everything is functioning well but this shouldn't be possible to happen. I'm not an computer expert but no other programs (and I have quite a few) had that issue. So a logical conclusion is that it's a feature/bug in the Autoslew and Sequence.

Jay

Hi Lukas

Good to know that other programs have issues also ;)

Anyway, started smiling too early because now Autoslew can't connect to the SkyX. I get a message that SkyX can't load the telescope driver... Maybe it has to do with this , / .  issue or maybe not, have no idea.

But to be honest, I'm quite tired of these problems and will just take the old computer back. 

And my OS is Finnish.

One more update...

The SkyX issue was my bad, because forgot to use the POTH hub in between the mount driver and SkyX. So that problem is fixed. 

Maybe, I'll give the W8.1 one more chance after taking couple of days off from astrosoftware and computers  :)