GPS by bluetooth - could not read time

si6pack

Hi all,

During my last session I observed a strange behaviour: With my mobile setup and my GPS mouse coupled via bluetooth, I did a 3-star polar alignment and started a session of NGC7635 in Sequence with a MLPT file. Until the meridian flip, perfect round stars, great!

After the meridian flip, Sequence started a MLPT run, solved all shots - however I observed error messages in Autoslew by chance (due to the window size of sequence I never became aware of those, if there were any)...Autoslew complained with the message "could not read GPS time" or something like that. After Sequence finished the MLPT run, it returned to the programmed sequence run and guess what - egg-like shaped stars...

I interrupted the sequence run, edited the exposure file and restarted Sequence - MLPT was performed, and once again, Autoslew complained about the missing GPS-time, egg-like shaped stars. I checked the AS expert menu, everything seems to be fine...to cut a long story short, I repeated the whole approach additional three times, always with the same result...

As you might know, I very often encountered problems with MLPT and guiding - the reason might be the above observation: Whenever a MLPT run can not get the GPS-time from the GPS, it gets screwed. What could be the reason for not getting the GPS-time from the GPS. pls remember, on the W-side of the meridian, no issues reading the GPS-time, on the E-side, always errors...

Any ideas or comments are very mich appreciated.

P.S.: Before I start any session, I sync my computer clock via the www to the exact time...