Question about correct meridianfliptime in connection with CCD Autopilot

Robert-Poelzl

Question

Hallo friends,

Im using CCD AP5.

The Programm is working good - but i have one problem where i can not find the right settings....

My setup allows me to go ~40 minutes about meridian. 

Settings in CCD Autopilot:

• "Track past meridian"   21min.   (thats why i made 20 min subframes) 

Settings in Autoslew:

• "how far you can go through meridian": 8 Grad  (this value must be grater then the Limit in CCD AP - and - my longest exp is 30min.)
  • "flip option": - stay on side  -
  • "Minimum distance for eastsideslew: 8 Grad (so i thought that the Mount Flips by a slew comand after Meridian)

Please help me if you have the correct settings in this case.

Thanks for help - and beautiful Christmas!

Robert Pölzl

Edited by Robert-Poelzl

7 answers to this question

Good evening my friends,
I'll gladly would help Robert, but it's one I'm with my ASA DDM85 S and I still mastering anything, in early January I would even understand a bit as an astronomer professor comes to help me Getting a correct station.
Sorry Robert if I could meet you I would be delighted. but I do not know and over my tongue is French, not enough knowledge in English.
I translated my text by Google.
In any case I wish you to you and your family a Happy Christmas.
I hope to again exchange information on the right Function control Autoslew and mount.
see you soon
Denis Vienat

Hi Robert,

You tell your setup but I don't see what your problem is

Can you please detail what is failing?

To Denis: I have a DDM85 in France near Bordeaux since nearly two years now, and I speak french too.

Don't hesitate to send a message if you need any explanations in french.

Bernard

Bonsoir Robert ,

tout d'abord , mes meilleures vœux pour la nouvelle année 2015, de la santé et un beau ciel dégagé.

Merci  de me répondre, je ne suis plus si jeune et le désir d'apprendre l'Anglais à été toujours présent, mais mon métier m'à tellement pris de mon énergie.

Voilà 2 mois maintenant que j'ai reçu ma nouvelle monture ASA DDM85 S , que j'ai beaucoup de mal à la gérer. 

Tout d'abord, la monture,l'installer de niveau, puis installer le Meade 12'' , avec l'ordinateur installer Autoslew le driver etc..

1er c'était de mettre en équilibre la monture(contre-poids) Ok ça c'est presque compris.

2) La mise en station, ça c'est assez difficile, car afin de bien centrer une étoile (réticule) il faut la barre de contrepoids soit à l'horizontale (soit est ou ouest) si elle est au nord-est ou Nord -ouest la calibration n'est pas correct, Pourquoi ?

Je travail avec Autoslew uniquement, car je ne connaît pas encore le programme "séquence" et n'ai pas "The Sky" j'aimerais faire avec un programme en Français tel que "carte du Ciel" cela est-il Possible ?

J'ai aussi fait la méthode "Bigourdan" mais je ne connait pas la méthode de "King"

Le suivi est d'environ 90'' actuellement.

Voila Robert un peu mes problèmes, dans tout les cas me répondre me ferait grand plaisir.

Je te souhaite une bonne lecture, une bonne soirée et merci d'avance.

Denis

Copie aussi à Bernard, qui me propose son aide que j'apprécie également

Hallo Bernhard,

The problem is because CCD AP determines his own meridianfliptime. (This value i have to fill in "minutes track past meridian".

In the moment, when CCD AP wants a flip - the ASA Mount has to do the flip at same time. Not one Picture before or after.

example:

• If CCD AP wants to make a flip - and fliptime for ASA is not reached, the mount stay on same side > CCD AP changes guidecorrections in Y Axis > Guideerror will shut the session.
  • If CCD AP not needs a flip but ASA Mount make the flip the same guideerror appears.

I tried some nights to find the right Settings....

• CCD AP "track past Meridian"                        31 Minutes (longest exp = 30min)

• AS: "how far you can go througt Meridian;     8 Grad  (just long enough to track 31min over meridian)
  • Minimum distance for eastsideslew:              7,5 Grad (make sure that mount makes a flip after meridian)
  • Flipoption:                                                       Stay on side

If i have exposuretime 30 min - i think this values are ok, but if i change to 15 minutes or 10 minutes it wouldt be wrong.

If somebody can find a way for this puzzle - or idea please let me know.

Thanks

Robert

Edited by Robert-Poelzl

Hi Robert,

From my understanding, CCD AP will need to do the flip at the end of the last possible exposure before the flip, while Autoslew will only do the flip when it reaches the limit angle. So you cannot expect that the flip is done at the right time by these two programs.

There should be an explicit MeridianFlip command sent by CCD AP to Autoslew.

This is what I found in the Autoslew manual:

Mount/„Flip Options: "Prefer West"
Here Autoslew will approach the object from the West, if set limits will allow. This option is useful, if during
exposure a meridian flip is not to be performed and the object has already reached a good altitude on the
Eastern side. When using the mount in remote operation, this option has to be enable a “Meridian flip” ASCOM
command.

This means that CCD AP can send an ASCOM MeridianFlip command at the time it wants the flip to occur, and that the Autoslew Flip option needs to be set to PreferWest for this command to be executed.

Otherwise you will get the behaviour you are observing.

Best regards.

Bernard