Help with the focuser software for 12N

Benoit Gagnon

Hi, I’m new here, my name is Benoit Gagnon from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and I just bought a used 12N and I am having tremendous difficulty with the focuser software from ASA.

The old owner of the 12N told me it was purchased prior 2010 so I downloaded the software before May 2010 from the ASA web site http://www.astrosysteme.at/eng/dl_focuser.html .

To my surprise the instruction are inexistent and the installation of the software is only in German!!

I am getting error message left and right regarding the com port, I am not new at computers, I own one since 1986 and I can see that this software from ASA is not something ASA should be proud of. I have tried on my laptop (SONY VAIO running window 7 64 bit ) and I get multiple error message on the software and the comport. I then tried it on my desktop running window 7 64 bit and again I get multiple error messages. I then tried it on my second desktop I have running window 7 64 bit and I still get multiple error messages regarding the com port.

Now I am wondering if I got the right software, so I include a picture of my focuser and I was wondering if a good Samaritan could identify it i.e. is it a OK3 or OK3Z and what version is it, because thanks to ASA there is no identification or date on the focuser.

Thank you in advance and I hope the ASA experience won’t be like that all the way.

post-3997-0-46915800-1420316481_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...