ACC Software not working

DaveK

I have used the ACC software many times with my ASA mount, now I am using it with my 10N and OK3 focuser on a different mount and it won't display the software window.

When it loads, it displays a blank winodw (with logo), performs a home find and then closes. The window to allow changes to the software never appears and when to the ACCServer running on the system using FocusMax I get an error message saying

20:26:04   ASA ACC Focuser is disconnected
20:26:05   Focuser: ASA ACC Focuser is connected
20:26:05   Focuser: ASA ACC Focuser is an Absolute Focuser
20:26:05   Temp. compensation available = True
20:26:05  
20:26:05   ** Current focuser position exceeds driver Max Travel limit of 0 **
20:26:05   ** You will need to reposition focuser manually **

I can't HomeFind, focus or move the focuser from this

I even tried the old OK3 software and the Windows form will not load.

Please help. My system is useless if I can't focus.

Edited by DaveK

You say it was working before? What has changed in the systems environment? Has the PC operating system been updated, any driver changes, different ASCOM version, different virtual serial port version, different USB cables or hub, etc, etc. if possible go back to the original environment and change one thing at a time until you find the problem.

That's an ambiguous question.

I don't let windows perform updates on this computer. If anything has changed, it's minor, like some settings in CCDAutoPilot or something simple like that.

In any case, there should be no reason for the Window Form not to come up after it initializes.

I'm not familiar with the OK3 focuser (I have an ASA Cassegrain with different Focuser), but can you see whether the focuser looks like it is at approximately the home position? If it isn't can you manually move it to home before trying ACC again? Sorry I can't help any more. Maybe someone with an OK3 can.

Welcome to the Club of customers with problem's with the software for the ASA focuser, the software for the focusers from ASA are far from being robust, they are very sensitive to even the smallest change on your computer. Some people even keep an image file of the operating system when everything works and even that sometimes does not even works.

Am I impress with the software and the lack of documentation from ASA, no !