You can't Homefind because Motors are turned OFF

chlopak

Hi,

I was just trying to execute the manual homing procedure as it is described here: http://www.astrooptik.com/asa/Autoslew5048_Homefind.pdf

The description says:

"Manual Homing

Start Autoslew and don’t turn on the motors now. Instead, click the Homefind button.
Now MANUALLY move your mount first in RA slowly to cross the reference mark. You will notice that once the mark is passed, there is a beep and the mount gets powered in this axis. ..."

However, when I press the homefind button then I get an error message:

"You can't Homefind because Motors are turned OFF.

You can turn on Motors by clicking on 'Motor is OFF' button."

What am I doing wrong?

(I'm currently using Autoslew 5.1.1.6 with a DDM60pro produced 09/2010)

Regards,

Ralph

...continued:

After you successfully executed the manual homefind procedure via the menu entry everything seems to work fine except for (again:) the homefind button in the main window: it believes that the motors are still switched off (although they are switched on now of course) and produces above described error message. You have to turn the motors off and on again in order to make the homefind button work again (however automatic homefind only...).

Regards,

Ralph

Hi, Ralph,

interesting, that must have changed between 5.1.1.1, which I am currently using, and 5.1.1.6. Because with 5.1.1.1, I always use the Homefind-button for manual Homefind (motors off), and it works.

Hopefully Dr. Philipp Keller corrects it in a future version.

Best regards,

Bernd