Sequence and Dome geometry needs a fix

maxmirot

Question

Sequence does not seem to know the dome geometry. It controls my ASCOM dome directly but does not have access to the dome radius and other offsets. Most of the time I am taking image of the inside of the dome.

The ASCOM dome Control and POTH uses geometry. If I use ASCOM Dome control or POTH  Sequence never waits for the dome to finsh its slaved slew.

I think this needs a solution.

Max

1 answer to this question

On 3/21/2015 at 2:43 PM, maxmirot said:

Sequence does not seem to know the dome geometry. It controls my ASCOM dome directly but does not have access to the dome radius and other offsets. Most of the time I am taking image of the inside of the dome.

The ASCOM dome Control and POTH uses geometry. If I use ASCOM Dome control or POTH  Sequence never waits for the dome to finsh its slaved slew.

I think this needs a solution.

Max

Hello Max,

How are you?

How did you solve the problem? i have the same one, after man years with an roll off roof observatory y have made a new one, but this time is a dome 3m... I have the same problems using Sequence, the telescope never reach the center of the window, but with Poth always have find the center, the problem is that when I use sequence with MLPT the telescope, never wait to the dome, so it's dificult to make a good MLPT and of couse to hit the target..

I know you did the comments 6 years, ago, so as I understand finally, you've got the solution!

If you have time, i will be glad to hear you!

All the best

Lluís Romero

www.astrosirius.org