Incorrect Altitude and Declination in Autoslew

gfaillace

Question

My DDM85 mount has been working OK for years and tonight even after "homefind" it is giving a completely wrong altitude and declination values which means I cannot sync with The Sky. I have rebooted several times and still the DEC readings in Autoslew are incorrect although the RA readings are correct. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

6 answers to this question

Hi,

My first try in such a case would be to power off the computer and the mount for at least one minute.

Then boot and retry. If it still fails, try with another PC and another USB cable.

If it fails, then probably there is something broken in your mount and you should ask ASA to fix this mount issue.

Good luck.

Bernard

Hi George,

have you checked your Time and Location Settings? Is the computers clock running the actual time? Does TheSky and Autoslew use the same location settings? Check if TheSky uses the computers clock, sometimes TheSky is not synced with the computers clock which results in position error.

If this is all ok, please go in contact with the ASA Support to get further assistance.

Regards,

Michael

OK ASA has fixed the problem using remote support.

By mistake I did a ''set new home position'' on an object in the planetarium program below my southern horizon. Hence, the scope interpreted its nearly vertical position as that southern object so all the DEC readings in Autoslew were wrong.

To avoid using a planetarium program for syncronizing in such a case, its possible to set new home position by using Autoslew's internal data base or using the zenith Park 1 position and synchronizing on that then clicking on ''set new home position''.  Of course, for accuracy later you must synchronize using a planetarium software by slewing to a visible star, centering it manually, synchronizing it with the planetarium software and clicking ''set new home position'' and clicking OK when Autoslew asks. Problem solved.