Balancing Newton on DDM60pro

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 GeorgeCarey

GeorgeCarey

• Beta Tester
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

This shows the balance tool in operation. The idea is to get the two red bars to hit the same spot.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SlVCVl9lCPk

ASA DDM60Pro, homemade 8" and 10" reflectors, QSI 683 camera, Astrodon 5nm filters, Pulsar dome observatory. Website: http://www.geoastro.co.uk

#42 MikePaling

MikePaling

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK ... Notts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hi George ...

I live about 15 miles north of Nottingham. The sky conditions up here are not brilliant most of the time ... but I have to live with it!

You have just posted a link to the "balance tool" in operation .... is this something that is done within the AutoSlew software? Thus far I haven't found any reference to this bit.

Regards Mike

#43 GeorgeCarey

GeorgeCarey

• Beta Tester
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

Yes, it is part of Autoslew. I had a look for the user manual but ASA appear to have a new website layout and I could not locate the English version.

ASA DDM60Pro, homemade 8" and 10" reflectors, QSI 683 camera, Astrodon 5nm filters, Pulsar dome observatory. Website: http://www.geoastro.co.uk

#44 Waldemar

Waldemar

• Beta Tester
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

Within AutoSlew on the top bar go to 'drive' then 'servo-settings'  then 'balance'. Choose DE subsequently RA. With the +  and -  button you can change the Amp. scale for fine balancing. Move weights (or scope) untill the red bars are lined up.

Regards,

Waldemar

Waldemar
--------------
Mount: DDM85 Standard 12V ; Telescopes: TEC140 + 140FF + Quad TCC ; Celestron RASA; TMB 92SS + 27TVPH Cameras: ZWO ASI 174MM cool; SBIG STF8300M; ATIK4120EX; TRIUS SX-36
Filters: Astronomik and Baader NB + RGB; Lunt double stack 75 mm unobstructed signature series + BF 3400; Dutch weather and light polluted skies.  

#45 MikePaling

MikePaling

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK ... Notts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hi Waldemar ...

Thanks for this information.

As yet I have not placed my order for the DDM60 .... apparently the details about the balance tool is on the latest version of AutoSlew but the only manual available on the ASA web site is an earlier version so there is no mention of it:-(((

Regards Mike

#46 Waldemar

Waldemar

• Beta Tester
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yes Mike, ASA is not very open handed with information and manuals. Should be no reason to not buy this incredible piece of technique, but it is a hassle sometimes, to say the least. A lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, though. That helps.

The word is out that in early 2016 a new DDM60 maybe launched, more expensive no doubt, but probably worth waiting for...

Waldemar

Waldemar
--------------
Mount: DDM85 Standard 12V ; Telescopes: TEC140 + 140FF + Quad TCC ; Celestron RASA; TMB 92SS + 27TVPH Cameras: ZWO ASI 174MM cool; SBIG STF8300M; ATIK4120EX; TRIUS SX-36
Filters: Astronomik and Baader NB + RGB; Lunt double stack 75 mm unobstructed signature series + BF 3400; Dutch weather and light polluted skies.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users