OK3, autofocus, and FocusMax

JBMMV

Hello from France!

Since I had my 10N with the OK3, I have a lot of problem with the focuser: connection is impossible, homing don't work or work with mistakes...

For the lasts astro sessions, I had to try to use the OK3 with FocusMax to have autofocusing, because the SIPS software which is used by my Moravian camera give me a message when I want to make autofocus "The focuser don't seems to be motorized".

But when I want to use FocusMax, I can connect the focuser, but when I want to make focus, I have always an error message like "out of range" or other message.

Is there anybody who have used the OK3 with focusmax?

Thanks a lot!

Bonjour Jean-Baptiste,

I have an OK3Z that I control with ACC and through Ascom. No problem to use Focusmax apart from the fact that from time to time, it fails to get the image from my Moravian. It controls the focuser like a charm.

How do you get control to the focuser from Focusmax?

Can you control the focuser using ACC without trouble? This should be the first step. If it fails, you won't be able to do anything with other software as ACC is the focuser driver.

At the very beginning, when I start using the OK3Z, I got several troubles like you describe. They were due to a pourly shieded USB cable. After the replacement with high quality USB cable, all the troubles disappeared.

Bernard

Bonjour,

Bien sur, mais les informations peuvent aussi être utiles aux autres utilisateurs.

Si vous voulez, contactez-moi par courriel (bouton "send me a message" dans mon profil du forum).

Bernard

Edited by RamaSpaceShip