ASA DDM85 Newbie

Hello - Thank you for your qucik feedback. Yes this makes sense

Today I got my first experience - was just test run because final localtion is not yet prepared...

I was wondering a little how to deal with the location of the stoppers when I put the mount together.. 

May be my orientation was wrong... I've a DDM85 in a configuration for a equatorial pier... so it's not quite clear how orientate the RA-Axis-Block on the pier...  after a sync n/s was exchanged...   so maybe I've to turn the RA-Axis block 180 degree ...   I guess the connectors and the bottom end of the RA-Axis has to be on the top side. 

A lot of things to find out... 

Georg 

Ok - here we go with some more experience... 

turning the polar block works fine... positioning is quite ok. After I've done my first minimum pointing file (4 stars only ) pointing is ok on level of 2-3 arcsec though a movement of rougly 45 degree. I guess I can improve this by better mount allignment and larger pointing file....

However I got an issue with my STL 11000 connected with the onboard hub. The funny thing is - it starts exposure - but it looks like that the download of the impage to MaximDL does not work... it simply does not finish. If I connect the STL directly to my norebook it works fine.

Any idea / experience? 

Georg 

I've had numerous USB problems. Most of them turn out to be damaged or sub-standard cables. Try using another cable to connect the PC to the mount and also to connect the mount hub to the camera. Also if anything else is connected to the mount hub disconnect it and see if that helps (if it does then the problem may be the cable to that other device or some form of hardware conflict).

Also check device manager in Windows - does it report any problems with the hub or any devices connected to it?

USB problems are very frustrating because the configuration can change dynamically, so even if you get it working, adding or changing another USB device anywhere on the system may cause problems to recur.

Nigel