Sequence - Ascom safety monitor

Corpze

Hi, has any one of you had any problems with the ascom safety monitor (cloud sensors etc.) in Sequence?

I am trying out a new arduino and DIY ascom driver and Sequence doesn't report OK and NOT OK as it should it seems :-/

/Daniel

I developed once an interface for AAGWare's Cloud sensor, and it is working quite well. One good thing to do is to not fire too often a safe/unsafe event, better to wait that the "safe" situation keeps steady for a minute or so before proceeding with giving that result...

Other than that.. no idea ....

Well, the firmware in my arduino reads the sensors every two seconds, then takes an average of 15 readings, that makes 30s before the driver is updated with a new "Is Safe"

So i can assume that the Sequence Safe Mon is indeed working properly.

The error is that it is not changing status when altering the sensor values to force it in to Safe or Not safe.

The ASCOM setup dialog box is how ever indicating that the hardware/fw and sensors are working propely and dispalying right sensor values and therefor safe or Not safe.

Hm, are you actually testing it during a real  Sequence run?

I mean, do you have Sequence running a plan, or is it just started with no plan active? At least in the log file there should be a mention if the Status monitor went to unsafe or safe...

I have now tested with a plan, and when i hit Run Sequence, it does indeed changes the Safety monitor and from beeing OK to Not OK, so it seems to be working, but wouldn't it be better if it changed status when the driver does?

/Daniel

Edited by Corpze

Heh, it's up to the coder... In my opinion, it has to work when Sequence is working through a plan: It would not make sense to react to weather events if the system is currently idle - at least from a Sequencer's point of view. You want to make sure the scope gets parked and the roof closed when weather turns bad during an imaging run. And, at least in my case, it worked quite well a number of times by now. :)

Yea, that is probably true, after all, i have never been running a sequence with safety monitor before.

But is the sequense listening or fetching from the driver, i am a novice on this subject so forgive me if I don't understand this fully.

/Daniel