Slew settle time or bad PID?

Corpze

Question

Hi, feels like i am spamming this community, but as a total newbee on ASA's mounts, i hope you understand :)

I have come so far that i was able to perform a auto point with 20 stars yesterday, together with my C9,25" SCT.

At first, i had a slew settle time of about 2sec, wasn't good enough so i raised it to 5 and later on 7 seconds.

How ever, when pointing east, south or west I am getting pretty good stars for the 5sec exp. pinpoint needs. But when i am pointing north-ish at mid to low declinations, the 7sec is not at all near enough in settle time OR is it the servo PID-settings that might be different in this direction, making star trails? 

This resulted in just two successful solved images.

How long slew settle time do you guys have?

/Daniel

3 answers to this question

Hi Daniel,

I would (sorry for saying this again) first check carefully the balancing in all positions - especially in those you say you had poor tracking and long settle times.

This of course has also to do with the PID values, however in a prefectly balanced system - and no wind - the PIDs should be fine no matter which position you have. Anyhow, you could also try to slew to the bad positions and try to perfect your PID values there - at least that's what I'd try first.

Good luck

Lukas