Focus tolerance in Sequence?

Corpze

I have been fiddling, searching the net, doing my own math etc... still can't see what the "Focuser tolerance" is referring to - CFZ? step size?

How ever - under the "Autofocus" tab in Sequence, there is a few settings i can't get my head around, specifically the Coarse and Fine focus steps.

In the explanation box that appears for two seconds when hovering the mouse over the box, it said that the typically value (in mm) is around 1mm for a f5 telescope with a 10 micron CCD to produce a 20 HFD.

I use a f7 telescope with a 4,5 micron ccd, in my head this will be;

for a f7 i divide the 1mm f5 value by 5, and multiplies by 7 - this gives the f7 1,4mm for the 10 micron setup.

1,4/10 micron multiplied by 4,5 gives 0,63mm - am i thinking right or am i taking short-cuts?

/Daniel

Hi,

hm, interesting document that I haven't seen before. Maybe we should start a new thread where we collect all the relevant documents that are spread amongst us in one place as several relevant documents are not available from the download-pages. Some of them have been provided by Philipp, maybe we can ask him to share all those documents, that he has somewhere on his homepage.

Best regards,

Robert