USB/Power concerns

Corpze

Question

Hi, i am having some strange behavior regarding USB and/or power.

First of all, i am having trouble with the DEC axis freezing during balancing and PID tuning, i have tried different Usb cables, active/regular cables, gold plated, both with and without USB-hub, same behavior envy time, so i wan´t to exclude the cable-issue.

-the worst case is when i am slewing at high speed in the dec-axis and having i freeze-up during the slew - it keeps slewing until Autoslew starts responding again, with near-crash experience, luckily, i am at the observatory and can stop the mount manually (holding the axis, stopping the camera/fw crashing in the pier) - I don´t know how good this is for the mount (can it cause hardware faults?) 

The second issue i am having (might be the cause to the freezes?) is that i am having is following;

I have connected the 12v power cable to the mount via a power-distribution box witch also the galv cable is connected to, this box is also connected to a voltage meter so i can see what voltage the power supply is distributing.

When i shut down the power to the mount, i can still read the voltage, witch is about 2.7 volts. The Usb cables are connected to the computer (the COM-cable directly to one of my computers USB ports and the mounts HUB-cable connected directly to another port on my computer, no hubs.

- Am i seeing the voltage of the connected USB- accessories? 

Is this normal?

Is there any current leaks?

The power cable to the mount is connected to the power box with the brown wire to 12v+ and the black to neg-

The galv cable is connected to the power box with brown and grey to 12v+ and the yellow/green and black to neg-

-should the green/yellow cable also be grounded to the pier?

I have uploaded a clip of the DEC axis freezing while balancing on youtube - 30sec in to the clip, you can see the freeze.

/Daniel

Update - Spot ON! Dead center on my first test slews, M33, M31, M27, M76... all spot on. 
Now on to the next task - Focusing.

This might even conclude that my problems with unreliable connections was indeed the (most likely) active USB-cables.
I will do some further testing, i know know that it isn't anything with the mount itself, after all (and good help from you guys) it is spot on and tracking well!

/Daniel