USB switch-off after Flip Meridian

astrosirius

Hello to everybody

I am having a lot of problems with the loss of connectivity...I have changed my computer as per a new one, I also bought and installed an Icron, after this changes, the problem continues having the same problem, so I decided to change all the USB cables with golden plating...but the problem still.

Somebody can help even the ASA people?

The problem is this one:

Each time the mount through the meridian makes a humming sound or even vibrating, it's just in that point when sometimes USB connection lost.

Since the mount arrived on Sep 2015 I could not do anything and I begin to giving up.

Somebody can help me?

Note: I attached some picture to show you my installation...maybe you can find something to help. The computer is around 4 mts from the Pier.

Best regards

Lluis Romero

IMG_1501 (2).JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

A small amount of humming sound when passing through the meridian is quite common. If it is only during slews it does not really matter. If the sound occurs when the mount is tracking then you need to reduce the D parameter a little.

I do not know why you are losing USB contact. I have never experienced that.

A small amount of humming sound when passing through the meridian is quite common. If it is only during slews it does not really matter. If the sound occurs when the mount is tracking then you need to reduce the D parameter a little.

I do not know why you are losing USB contact. I have never experienced that.

Hello George,

I am going to revise the (PID) configuration this weekend, I prefer to be in the observatory personally, because at 200 km from home vía remote control is not easy to evaluate the (PID), I need to be there to hear the humming sound.

Thank you for your recomendation!

Clear Skies

Lluís

http://www.flickr.com/photos/llromero/

• 1 month later...

Lluís,

the humming sound, if too great, could indicate - besides being basically a PID parameter problem - that the motors are taking too much current, and this can result in a voltage drop on the USB hub/lines. This, in turn, could be interpreted by the computer as being an USB logoff event. Try to test a bit the PID values first. Another option could be that the pier is a bit loose (or the connection between mount and pier). Those vibrations can cause alot of troubles...