What are computer specs needed to run the software?

MikePaling

Hi folks ...

I want to prepare the ground ready for the arrival of my gleaming new DDM60 mount ... hopefully this will arrive in a couple of months :-)

Can anybody tell me what the specifications might be for a computer/laptop/tablet needed to run the software???

I have looked all over the ASA web site and can't find any information at all about this :-(

Regards Mike

Hi Luke ... thanks for your thoughts.

I have been assuming that any device used to control the DDM60 would be totally separate from any imaging processing.

When I eventually get into digital imaging (this will be a steep learning curve for me as I know nothing about any of this at the minute!) I have been assuming that any CCD camera that I get would be able to store data onto a USB memory stick so that I could then upload onto my home PC which lives inside my house. Am I missing something here???

Regards Mike

Mike,

well, this really depends... usually you want to have all running on one PC: You slew to an object, focus, and start the imaging from one computer. You can of course attach a camera to the scope with some storage inside, but then you'll have to focus manually at the camera...