Rsanalb

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It looks like you may have a similar problem to one I had.

See this thread http://forum.astrosysteme.com/index.php?/topic/526-what-does-this-mean/

Your RA axis has a rising current problem. When the current gets to 5A the mount does a slew to try and fix it. This is why your images show those spikes.

This can happen because the balance is not good but sometimes it is because there is a mechanical problem with the mount such as a stiff bearing.

I advise you to contact ASA.

Your log shows both axes have higher current than they should.

However, the log does not show that there has been a Position Error.

I agree with George that you should contact ASA about this.

But you should also check balance very carefully. With the DDM60 I would expect current on both axes to settle to around 0.8 - 1.2 amps within 10 minutes or so of starting to track.

Mark

Your log shows both axes have higher current than they should.

However, the log does not show that there has been a Position Error.

I agree with George that you should contact ASA about this.

But you should also check balance very carefully. With the DDM60 I would expect current on both axes to settle to around 0.8 - 1.2 amps within 10 minutes or so of starting to track.

Mark

Thaks to both.

I do that, balancing better and change the USB. 

I send you the results.

THANKSSSSS¡¡¡¡¡¡

When you are finished, send the log file and I can make a graph.

I try again and it´s worse. each 3 min. :(

I send you 

http://www.dselectronica.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=715, this is the transform.

Log file 

Photo.

I have, new computer a new USB, new balance, what else? jajajajajaaj

post-5819-0-21689600-1450730292_thumb.jpg

2015_12_21_20h21m.txt

Edited by Rsanalb

Looking at your latest file shows that the DE current is much lower, but RA current is still too high. Did you rebalance the RA axis?

There are Position Errors after the RA current runs up to 5A.

Balance the RA axis with the counterweight bar horizontal on one side. Then go to the other side and check it. Repeat two or three times until the difference between the sides is minimised. Post us the new log file.

If this balance exercise fails to bring the RA current down, you will need to organise a remote session with ASA. They will advise whether the mount must go back to them.

Mark

Edited by MarkS

Looking at your latest file shows that the DE current is much lower, but RA current is still too high. Did you rebalance the RA axis?

There are Position Errors after the RA current runs up to 5A.

Balance the RA axis with the counterweight bar horizontal on one side. Then go to the other side and check it. Repeat two or three times until the difference between the sides is minimised. Post us the new log file.

If this balance exercise fails to bring the RA current down, you will need to organise a remote session with ASA. They will advise whether the mount must go back to them.

Mark

You are right. The wires are  guilty. Tomorrow i try to balance again.  Now i need thinks about that, its a problem. I HAVE 8¡¡¡¡¡.

Thanks and I feel like a stupid  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Edited by Rsanalb

your latest log:

log2.jpg

The last log, i balanced all, tube, wire, motors........ the result is the red bars it´s pefectly balanced in both parts. 

Now i have:

1.- New computer

2.- New USB

3.- New Balance

4.- The same result :)

the mount go when she wants to walk through space :)

This is the last log

2015_12_27_16h40m.txt

Edited by Rsanalb

Hi,

does your RA axis spin free and smooth when you have no scope attached? Does the axis feel uneven when you rotate it?

And just to rule out simple issues: are the clutch fastening screws/rotation limits unscrewed (see product manual page 13)?

Best regards,

Robert

Hello

I guess my problem is of the same nature. My mount ASA DDM60pro (serial no. 10110, production year 2012) makes the mistake on RA axis while using at low temperatures. The lower the temperature the more faulty exposures. Worst effects are observed in temperatures below freezing. In fact I am unable to take any pictures in such weather conditions. I can feel greater resistance on the bearing then. On the other hand, during spring while the air temperature exceeds 8 degrees Celsius, mount works without any disruptions.

My two colleagues from Poland have experienced exactly the same issues and it appears the production dates of their mounts are the same as mine.

I have performed two tests on my mount DDM60pro. First took place on 15th April 2015 and night temperature was 12 °C then. I haven’t observed any issues during taking photos. I did second test on 21st April 2015 and temperature was lower on that day: 6 °C. I noticed two exposures with errors:

• 1st exposure 600s, dated 21-04-2015, time: 23:09:51
  • 2nd exposure 600s, dated 22-04-2015, time: 00:23:49

Below you can find photos taken on the same day during bad exposures at 600s as well as CIServoLogs file. For clarity I am providing a selection of CIServolog lines where tracking errors have occurred.

-23:01:28 error 2.41 arcsec  7.3A

-23:01:40 error 2.87 arcsec  5.0 A

-23:01:46 error 21.85 arcsec  5.0 A

-23:01:58 error 21.42 arcsec  5.0 A

-23:02:04 error 84.91 arcsec  5.0 A, end of exposure 1 - 23:09:51

-00:15:11 error 1.77 arcsec  6.2 A

-00:15:28 error 2.13 arcsec  3.8 A

-00:15:40 error 2.71 arcsec  4.9 A

-00:15:47 error 10.27 arcsec  5.0 A, end of exposure 2 - 00:23:49.

Best Regards

Andrzej

post-705-0-64742100-1452346713_thumb.jpg

2015_4_21_20h58m (5).txt

post-705-0-63908700-1452346747_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrzej,

To me this sound like a mechanical problem, which can only be solved by ASA.

I would contact them and make an appointment to send it back and have it checked by them.

You are probably wasting time and get frustrated by trying to solv this yourself.

Just explain to problem to them and let them solve it.

Best regards,

Waldemar

Hi Waldemar,

At the beginning of April 2015 I have reported this issue to ASA. I was asked by them to send CISerolog file with the record of faulty tracking of my mount DDM60. I have sent them the CiServolog 2015_4_21 file (attached to my message above) as well as the pictures on 26th April 2015. To this day I have not received any reply to my query. Later on I found out that there are other Polish colleagues who experienced exactly the same problem with ASA mount DDM60. That's why I decided share my story on this ASA message board.

Best regards,

Andrzej