Trouble connecting with Sky 6 and Sky X

MichiP

Hello,

after a few years I had to make a new Windows installation of my control PC my observatory. It seems that I have forgotten to do something very important because I can't connect The Sky 6 or The Sky X with the mount. All latest updates are installest, also the Teleapi driver.

As telescope I have selected "Telescope API" in Sky 6. In the settings I tried it with every entry but I always get errors like this

error1.PNG

This are my possible selections.

error2.jpg

Any idea why might be the problem? I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

do you have done this already?

"Direkte Verbindung mit Autoslew schaffen

Es ist auch möglich direkt mit „Astrooptik Server Telescope“ zu verbinden. Aber in diesem Fall müssen Sie einige einfache Änderungen in Windows DCOM Einstellungen vornehmen. Da der Treiber eine EXE Datei ist und da „The Sky“ die alte Microsoft Distributed COM (DCOM) verwendet muss jede ausgehende Verbindung von „The Sky“ (inklusive über TeleAPI.dll) in DCOM bewilligt werden. Der ASCOM Plattform Installer fügt alles was von der Plattform kommt in die Registration für EXE drivers und Sie müssen es selbst aktivieren: 1. Start menu, Run ….. enter dcomcnfg. 2. Im „Component Services“ Fenster (siehe Bild rechts) erweiteren Sie diesen Ordner Indem Sie auf + klicken. Dann wählen Sie den Ordner „Computer“, dann „My Computer“, danach DCOM Config. 3. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt öffnen sich mehrere „Pop up Fenster“ die Sie danach fragen, ob Sie AppID Einträge vornehmen wollen. Suchen Sie nach einem für Ihren Treiben und bestätigen Sie mit „Ja“. Beantworten Sie alle anderen mit „Nein“. 4. Danach suchen Sie nach den ASCOM Einträgen in der linken Spalte. Klicken Sie auf die Einträge mit der rechten Maustaste um sie auszuwählen und ändern Sie die Berechtigung auf „Keine“ und bestätigen Sie mit „JA“ Nun können Sie in „The Sky“ direkt über „Telescope API“ und dann „Astrooptik Server Telescope“ verbinden."

I have found it in the autoslew description on page 68.

BR Thomas

Hi Michael,

do you have done this already?

"Direkte Verbindung mit Autoslew schaffen

Es ist auch möglich direkt mit „Astrooptik Server Telescope“ zu verbinden. Aber in diesem Fall müssen Sie einige einfache Änderungen in Windows DCOM Einstellungen vornehmen. Da der Treiber eine EXE Datei ist und da „The Sky“ die alte Microsoft Distributed COM (DCOM) verwendet muss jede ausgehende Verbindung von „The Sky“ (inklusive über TeleAPI.dll) in DCOM bewilligt werden. Der ASCOM Plattform Installer fügt alles was von der Plattform kommt in die Registration für EXE drivers und Sie müssen es selbst aktivieren: 1. Start menu, Run ….. enter dcomcnfg. 2. Im „Component Services“ Fenster (siehe Bild rechts) erweiteren Sie diesen Ordner Indem Sie auf + klicken. Dann wählen Sie den Ordner „Computer“, dann „My Computer“, danach DCOM Config. 3. Zu diesem Zeitpunkt öffnen sich mehrere „Pop up Fenster“ die Sie danach fragen, ob Sie AppID Einträge vornehmen wollen. Suchen Sie nach einem für Ihren Treiben und bestätigen Sie mit „Ja“. Beantworten Sie alle anderen mit „Nein“. 4. Danach suchen Sie nach den ASCOM Einträgen in der linken Spalte. Klicken Sie auf die Einträge mit der rechten Maustaste um sie auszuwählen und ändern Sie die Berechtigung auf „Keine“ und bestätigen Sie mit „JA“ Nun können Sie in „The Sky“ direkt über „Telescope API“ und dann „Astrooptik Server Telescope“ verbinden."

I have found it in the autoslew description on page 68.

BR Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Need to test it with direct connection. I used Win XP before and it was working very well. Perhaps this will solve the problem.

Regards

Michael

Hello,

when I choose "Generic hub" I get the error Failed to load driver: "Hub.Telescope"

hub error.PNG

Any idea how to solve this? In the meantime I have uninstalled Ascom and made an new install with Ascom 6.2 but nothing changed :(

AND WE HAVE A GREAT PERFECT SKY!!! :( :( :(

BR
Michael

I found the damn problem which took me two perfect nights :(

DO NOT RUN AUTOSLEW WITH ADMIN PRIVILEGE!!!!  I remembered that I read that it is suggested to run Autoslew with admin privilege to avoid trouble. So I configured the program to start always with this. In fact, this made the trouble. I put the hook away and everything was running without any trouble.

Not sure if I should be angry about my self or being happy for finding the solution. I think I will make the decision tomorrow when I see if there are stars or clouds above my observatory. :)

Regards,

Michael

I found the damn problem which took me two perfect nights :(

DO NOT RUN AUTOSLEW WITH ADMIN PRIVILEGE!!!!  I remembered that I read that it is suggested to run Autoslew with admin privilege to avoid trouble. So I configured the program to start always with this. In fact, this made the trouble. I put the hook away and everything was running without any trouble.

Not sure if I should be angry about my self or being happy for finding the solution. I think I will make the decision tomorrow when I see if there are stars or clouds above my observatory. :)

Regards,

Michael

Michael,

this admin thing screws everything!

It won't give you comfort, but I lost many nights during testing the latest AS and SEQ versions, especially after switching to Win10...

Are you on Win7? What versions of SEQ and AS are you running? 

Christian

Hi,

I could not connect TheSkyX direct to Astrooptik Server Telescope, but I foud out there was an update to TeSkyX to fix this problem, now it works ok.

I run Windows 8.1 and all program as admin with no problem. I will soon update to Win 10 and see what happens, thanks for the non admin tip!

/Christer  

Michael,

this admin thing screws everything!

It won't give you comfort, but I lost many nights during testing the latest AS and SEQ versions, especially after switching to Win10...

Are you on Win7? What versions of SEQ and AS are you running? 

Christian

Hi Chrstian,

I'm using Win 7 64x with the latest Ascom and the latest Sequenz and AutoSlew Versions. Since I took away the the admin hook, everything is running absolutely perfect and smooth. I made a complete all sky Autopoint with Sequenz and 110 Images and it worked great. :) 

I could not connect TheSkyX direct to Astrooptik Server Telescope, but I foud out there was an update to TeSkyX to fix this problem, now it works ok.

I run Windows 8.1 and all program as admin with no problem. I will soon update to Win 10 and see what happens, thanks for the non admin tip!

/Christer

Hi Christer,

I was not able to make any connection till I removed the hook for starting AutoSlew as Admin. I'm running the latest build for Sky X Prof. and still had this issue. Perhaps Philipp Keller know what the problem could be. He recommend to start Autosew and Sequenz with admin privilege.

CS,

Michael

Thank you Michael for your feed back! When I used MaximDL V5 instead V6, everything was fine, too!

One other question: I saw a post of you in the Bisque TSXpro forum dealing with the question of satellite tracking - could you sort this out in the meanwhile? If yes, would you be willing to share what software you are using?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Christian