Jump to content


Photo

Position Error correction failed


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prefetch

prefetch

    Member

  • Beta Tester
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

i switched to a much lighter scope (a 5" refractor) and so i thought i'd have a lot less trouble with my DDM85, but i seem to keep getting snagged by random position errors.
 
my balance is pretty good.  i seem to have plenty of power available to the system.
 
i started logging the errors.  has anyone seen anything like this?  any ideas?
 
 
23:20:33.925: Starting Slew to RA 01.85h  DE -08.00d  EPOCH 0000
23:20:55.454: Interface setting TargetRightAscension to 7.27 False
23:20:55.485: Interface setting TargetDeclination to 0.00 True
23:20:55.516: Interface ForceNextPierSide = pierWest
23:20:55.516: Interface SlewToTargetAsynch
23:20:55.516: Starting Slew to RA 07.27h  DE 00.00d  EPOCH 0000
23:20:58.610: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:20:58.610: AliveProgresscount stopped at 100
23:20:59.610: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:20:59.610: AliveProgresscount stopped at 101
23:21:00.610: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:00.610: AliveProgresscount stopped at 102
23:21:01.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:01.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 103
23:21:02.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:02.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 104
23:21:03.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:03.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 105
23:21:04.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:04.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 106
23:21:05.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:05.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 107
23:21:06.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:06.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 108
23:21:07.611: To long sleep of main timer, was reset by controltimer
23:21:07.611: AliveProgresscount stopped at 109
23:21:08.127: Axis DE/AL reported the following Problem:
Position Error
Position Error during slewing autocorrected by ClServo
Position Error correction failed
 
23:21:08.158: Raising Warning DE Axis: Position Error
Position Error during slewing autocorrected by ClServo
Position Error correction failed
 


#2 prefetch

prefetch

    Member

  • Beta Tester
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:57 PM

so i think i fixed it.

 

i stopped trying to make auto tune work an instead used manual tune and just picked the "small" OTA option and everything just worked so much better.  no more occasional squeaks or whines during slewing and after heavy exercise i never once got a slewing error.

 

really weird, but i'll take it.   :)



#3 MarkS

MarkS

    Member

  • Beta Tester
  • 410 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Interesting!

 

In my experience with the DDM60, it doesn't pay to fine tune the tuning too much. After a lot of playing with it, I reverted to 'Medium' OTA option, with no problems.

 

The settings are much more 'relaxed' than my tweaked settings.

 

Mark






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users