Sequence Generator Pro, Nice program!- interest in MLPT support

maxmirot

I found a rather old project of mine (about 2 years now) where I reverse engineered the MLPT functions in Sequence.

It seems to work. I know that this is not the nice British way of solving this kind of issues, but nobody at ASA is doing it and this is a proof that it wouldn't be difficult at all:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Of course I never tested it to the end, but it actually seems to work  :)

A quick comparison to a 'real' MLPT run with Sequence seems to yield the same results.

Edited by lukepower

Well, first of all ASA would need to offer some sort of interface to start an MLPT run from other programs, may it be a COM interface for scripting or a little command line program.

Then one needs to invoke that function from the automation program used. In CCD Autopilot there is this function, which seems alright.

In ACP one can use a custom UserAction to do so.

In SGP I have no idea if it can be done or not. What you need is a way of calling an external program before imaging but after the slew to the target is completed, ideally with the total imaging time as an argument.

Well, first of all ASA would need to offer some sort of interface to start an MLPT run from other programs, may it be a COM interface for scripting or a little command line program.

Then one needs to invoke that function from the automation program used. In CCD Autopilot there is this function, which seems alright.

In ACP one can use a custom UserAction to do so.

In SGP I have no idea if it can be done or not. What you need is a way of calling an external program before imaging but after the slew to the target is completed, ideally with the total imaging time as an argument.

SPG runs scripts.