New serial key / Autoslew

Jay

I presume you have a new key.

If so, make sure Autoslew is not running.

Then go to C:\Program Data\ASA\Autoslew and delete the BestIC.sqe file. (If it isn't there, you have to set all hidden files to visible)

Start Autoslew, and you will be asked to enter a serial key. Enter the new key, press OK and in the window which appears press Yes.

Mark

Hi Waldemar,

Yes got the mount finally back. Unfortunately they've also changed some cabling (have the DDM60 Pro model) so have to do quite a lot of extra work in my observatory to disassemble and reorganize the power input to the camera and heaters. New cables were included though..

Haven't been  able to make proper tests yet but there is some worrying noise coming from the DE axis and USB cable problems (something I didn't have before). Lets hope that all this goes away after careful balancing and using the mount for a while.

Best regards,

Jay 

Edited by Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everybody know that inputting the serial key properly is VERY important...

For some reason the system will accept wrong serial keys also and e.g. last two digits have something to do with the DE axis values. I managed to input them the wrong way around and had some unstable behavior. The mount worked well most of the time so the problem was difficult to locate.