How does Safety monitor works?

Corpze

Hi, I am using a cloud and rain sensor (home built) that outputs Issafe or Isnotsafe through ASCOM.

When I setup a new sequence, and press "Start @ time" in Sequence while the Safety Monitor reports "Not safe" - will Sequence wait until the conditions get "Safe" or will it abort?

If it gets "Not safe" during a sequence, it will perform a "Close all" command right?

But if it clears up say an hour after it has closed a sequence, will Sequence continue the sequence? (Probably not huh?)

/Daniel

Hi Daniel,

so far this is what I observed:

• when it is not safe and gets safe before the moment that the sequence is programmed to start, it will start up (I had some problems with the roof not being opened and similar stuff, though)
  • if it gets unsafe during a sequence run it will halt and close down. it will NOT restart if it clears up (how would Sequence behave if, in the meantime, your targets would be too low or the likes?). I guess this could be implemented, but the buglist and wishlist for Sequencer is quite long already, and not getting any shorter so far

I am also working fine with it, but as Copze said, I also have to restart Sequence each night, but works very well. Anyway in parallel I have the "Talon6" robotic system, so even Sequence have problems to park the Scope, inmediatelly Talon do this job for me, thus I can go to sleep all the nights counting sheep :).

For more inform about the Robotic System Talon6, here you have the link:

http://observatoriosspag.es/index.php/es/component/content/article/84-o-a-r-spag/361-talon6-2.html

Best regards

Luis