First image upload here :) - Boodes Nebulaes

Corpze

First post here for me, would really like som input from you guys who have tons of experience. I have been using Pixinsight for a bit over a year and still learning.

L and Ha 20x300s

R,G,B 12x300s

DDM85

Meade 102 APO (with a hint of bad collimation, ideal summer-project)

- Subframeselector

- Batch preprocessing

- ABE, DBE when needed

- Channel Combination
- Masked MMT
- Masked Deconvolution (Applied on both L, Ha and RGB)

- HaLRGB combination
- Permanent stretch
- LRGB Combination
- Curves

/Daniel

Boodes Nebulaes small.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, however, i am having a bit trouble of getting the right color on the stars, as you can see, they are a bit blue-ish.
​How do you handle the color-levels? Before stretch? After combining?

Regards, Daniel

Thanks for your input Lukas, will probably give it another shot to fine-tune the color levels.

I forgot to mension I also use the Teleskoo-service 2" flattener/corrector, giving 550mm fl. Taken from within Arvika, a 4000 residents city.

/Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Very nice done! I would try get the star colors right with the RGB image before HaLRGB combine, using i.e. PI Background Neutralization and Color Calibration tools when they are linear. Need to watch the color also when stretching.

/Christer

Hi Daniel,

Nice image!

If all else does not quite get you there, you can also adjust star - or any other object colours - on the final stretched Pixinsight image by going to Photoshop and using selective masking and Curves Adjustment Layers in the very powerful and flexible Lab colour space. I find Lab Curves in Photoshop works better for me than it does in Pixinsight.

Mark