Thank you ASA for the great service

Giu

Question

Hi everybody, in December 2015 I sent my mount DDM85B to ASA due to a problem with the internal board. At the same to do a full service and upgrade the Absolute Encoder, at the same time I ordered a new fork mount for the bent pier: the reason being to use the 65kg. After four months the mount arrived and when I opened I found it was Father Christmas inside the box. ASA sent me a brand new mount DDM85X-A with all new connection leads. That's one of the best service I have expirienced in my life from any company. Thank you ASA and Thank you Dietmar for being so patient and helpful. Only this is I have to forget about the bent pier which I have already built.

Only this I notice is the com port is different from my previous mount, see attached image.

post-1953-0-17713200-1462451758_thumb.jpeg

Does anyone else have this same port?

12 answers to this question

Yes, I have a new DDM85A with that round com port.

Mine was supplied with a lead with a round plug at one end and USB at the other. In the lead there is an intermediate VGA style plug/socket with the electronic converter built in.

Regards,

Mark

Good to read a report from a happy customer. I also have had good service from ASA. Yes, it can sometimes take a while to get things going, but once a problem is identified ASA has sorted it out. My mount has been back to Austria more than once, and each time at no expense to me.

Hi, Max regards the cost is well worth I have more than one issues but instead they sent me the new mount, very sorry can't help you with the price you need contacts ASA best regards Giu

I must say, I never had a bad experience with ASA... So I am absolutely not surprised about this, but it is very nice to hear.

I never had a bad experience with my DDM60Pro either, besides a failing USB hub... I just needed them for an upgrade and parts.

Especially Dietmar Weinzinger, who I dealt with a couple of times, is very service orientated and a great person to be in contact with.

just my 2 €c,

Waldemar

I glad others are getting help.

Still waiting for a email response from ASA to a service request and upgrade questions sent 2x times last week.

I emailed support@asa.... and individual email to ASA team member.

Checked my spam folder too. I hope there is a technical reason my emails are not getting through.

How long do you have to wait for a email response ?

Should I call Germany?  Please give me Dietmar's email.

Max

Dietmar is in Austria. Email is d.weinzinger@astrosysteme.at although the support email is the official one to use.

I also have had excellent service - although if the documentation were better it would reduce the need for service calls.

Dietmar,

Just got back to me.  Apparently, May is a big holiday month in Germany.

One things I asked about was when will the DDM85 get its own computer. 

He said they hope to have this offered by years end.

I think this would be really great if it is hard wired ( no more USB).