Photo

Motorization DDM85

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Denis Vien.

Denis Vien.

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationI live in Switzerland in the Jura Bure (je parle Fran├žais)

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hello

I am writing to inquire. I'm the motorisatrion TUNE Auto and I get the following parameters (see screen).

Attached File  Motor DE Fast Speed.JPG   97.31KB   2 downloads Attached File  Motor RA Fast Speed.JPG   94.92KB   2 downloads Attached File  Motor DE Sideral Speed.JPG   104.43KB   2 downloads Attached File  Motor RA Sideral Speed.JPG   103.34KB   2 downloads

I want to know is what you think. Do you see any problems? Sometimes I have vibration during manual movements and I not want that damage the mount.

thank you in advance

#2 MarkS

MarkS

• Beta Tester
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Hi Denis,

The tuning parameters depend on the telescope/camera combination, so it is difficult to comment on your numbers without knowing what the system is.

Vibration during slewing is usually a sign that the fast tuning parameters need to be backed off a little. It can also be a sign that the tripod is not solid enough or well enough damped.

Mark

#3 Waldemar

Waldemar

• Beta Tester
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hi Denis,

I see in your picture, you have a 'rat-cage' on your pier. That kind of construction was the cause of unexpected vibrations in my mount...

I solved it by filling the threads up with nuts and keeping the topplate as close to the pier as possible.

Waldemar

Waldemar
--------------
Mount: DDM85 Standard 12V ; Telescopes: TEC140 + 140FF + Quad TCC ; Celestron RASA; TMB 92SS + 27TVPH Cameras: ZWO ASI 174MM cool; SBIG STF8300M; ATIK4120EX; TRIUS SX-36
Filters: Astronomik and Baader NB + RGB; Lunt double stack 75 mm unobstructed signature series + BF 3400; Dutch weather and light polluted skies.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users