Sequence without autofocus?

DaveS

I was trying to run a sequence for the first time last night when I hit a snag. Sequence wouldn't let me procede as I don't have an autofocuser which it was expecting.

I tried to find a way of telling it that there's no autofocus and get on with it anyway, but didn't see anything, and the manual wasn't much help.

So how do I go about it? And no, I'm not about to buy one just yet.

Hi,

that's strange, I guess some of the Sequence settings have to be wrong. I use Sequence without a focuser all the time and it works great.

Please check your settings in the "Settings" - "Current Location and Hardware" window and make sure that the checkbox "Focuser installed" is not checked.

Also make sure that in "Settings" - "Autofocus" the option "Autofocus during Sequence" - "Never" is checked (though I doubt that that is relevant).

If that does not help, please send me ini-file of your configuration and I can try to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,

Robert

I have an OK3 installed, but if I don't want to use AF, ensuring "Auotfocus during sequence - Never" is checked certainly results in no AF during sequence.

Dave, make sure you press "Apply" after checking the "Never" box AND then "File - Save", otherwise it won't be saved.

Mark

Hi Mark. Sorry for the delay, been busy. Thanks, I did get past the "no autofocus" problem, I remembered to click "save" this time which I neglected to do previously.

Another problem has now raised its head, an "unhandled exeption error" on clicking "run now". I'm now investigating what vital step I've missed.