Sequence without autofocus?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveS

DaveS

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:31 PM

I was trying to run a sequence for the first time last night when I hit a snag. Sequence wouldn't let me procede as I don't have an autofocuser which it was expecting.

I tried to find a way of telling it that there's no autofocus and get on with it anyway, but didn't see anything, and the manual wasn't much help.

So how do I go about it? And no, I'm not about to buy one just yet.

#2 robertp

robertp

• Beta Tester
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUlm, Germany

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hi,

that's strange, I guess some of the Sequence settings have to be wrong. I use Sequence without a focuser all the time and it works great.

Please check your settings in the "Settings" - "Current Location and Hardware" window and make sure that the checkbox "Focuser installed" is not checked.

Also make sure that in "Settings" - "Autofocus" the option "Autofocus during Sequence" - "Never" is checked (though I doubt that that is relevant).

If that does not help, please send me ini-file of your configuration and I can try to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,

Robert

#3 DaveS

DaveS

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Thanks Robert, I'll look into that when I get home. I thought I had the settings checked but perhaps I'd forgotten to save them.

#4 MarkS

MarkS

• Beta Tester
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

I have an OK3 installed, but if I don't want to use AF, ensuring "Auotfocus during sequence - Never" is checked certainly results in no AF during sequence.

Dave, make sure you press "Apply" after checking the "Never" box AND then "File - Save", otherwise it won't be saved.

Mark

#5 DaveS

DaveS

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

Hi Mark. Sorry for the delay, been busy. Thanks, I did get past the "no autofocus" problem, I remembered to click "save" this time which I neglected to do previously.

Another problem has now raised its head, an "unhandled exeption error" on clicking "run now". I'm now investigating what vital step I've missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users