Autoslew and the Sky6

mattssporre

Dear all,

I am doing a completely clean install on my PC - from XP and up.

One issue that I have been strugeling with previuosly is the "connection" between AS and the Sky6.

I usually follow the instructions in the manual, but I always end up in a wierd setup. Everytime I - from within theSky - connects to the mount, I get up the display dialogue window (where you change the display bacground, color scheme, etc innwindows). If I click ok (or cancel) everything continues ok. But there has to be a way to do this without getting the display settings window.

I also know there are other ways to setup this connection so my questions to you (anyone out there?) Are:

1. Have you experienced the same wierd behaviour as described above? Have you managed to correct it?

2. Do you connect in any other way? Can you describe how?

BR

Matts

Hi Matts,

I use the same configuration and never had the issue you described.

I bring up autoslew first, then start TheSky 6.

In the Sky 6, within the telescope setup, I have selected "Telescope API" and under "settings" I use the "Poth Hub" but I guess "Astrooptik Server Telescope" works as well (I think I used that in the past).

When I click on the "establish link" icon (the second from left in the telescope toolbar, the link gets established and I'm ready to go.

Very strange that you get the display setting window.

best regards,

Robert