Camera control software

MarkS

Is anyone using camera software other than Maxim DL in with Autoslew/Sequence ?

In particular, I would like to use the Moravian SIPS software, as its control of the Moravian cameras seems superior.

Unfortunately I have no idea what would be involed in such a change.... Can anyone shed light on this?????

Mark

Mark,

As far as I know, you have to use Maxim DL / Pinpoint with Autoslew/Sequence when building models and MLPT. However, with everything else you're free to use any other camera control software. That's what I'm doing, however it's quite a hassle.

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I confirm that I use PRISM with Ascom driver astrooptik for autoslew but impossible to use sequence if you don't have MaximDL i'ts Very regrettable.

I saw the new video for the pointing file but I can not use sequence because I do not have MaximDL. I find it deplorable that ASA obliges to use Maxim and this nothing only to connect the CCD because otherwise we can use stellarium for the sky. We could use the Ascom driver of our camera and the problem would be solved.

Still work at ASA still concerning the software part.

I was successfully using sequence generator pro to drive the camera and do the sequencing with a DDM85, QSI683, scopedome and robofocus. This worked perfectly until I got the new 16" with the 'unfinished' ACC focuser driver. Although this thing is covered with wireless antennae, absolute encoders, etc it is preventing me from using the autofocus routines that come in sequence generator because the reported position is not constant.

Now I'm forced to use sequence I am unable to get the autofocus routine in that to work either! It moves in all sorts of directions randomly and always fails to find focus! Grrr. Absolutely no response from ASA support either on when the full functionality of this ludicrously expensive focuser will be unleashed.

And of course tonight, the first clear night in 5 weeks (!!) and windows 10 upgraded the usb drivers (despite me telling it to never ever do this!) so I lost the cameras after the first sub, had to uninstall, power off, etc....

I'm missing my G11 :-( and I'm missing my 10" with the simple robofocus unit that just worked...

ANdrew, this sounds like a hardware problem rather than a software problem to me...

Getting the sequence AF routine required a bit more parameter tuning, and we've only had two clear nights in the last month, but I did get it working last night. Now I'm wondering how to get it to focus for the filter that is currently in use, rather than switching back to the first one each time.

The incompatibility with Sequence Generator Pro comes from the fact that the focuser position is reported in microns, and since the last digit is constantly hunting back and forth SGPro times out waiting for the focuser to stop at the requested position. 

So it's probably a combination of both, but perhaps the absolute position encoder needs some sort of low pass filter on it.