Problem with MAXIM DL

VOBST

I want to control my system with Maxim. There is a problem, for which I find no expla­nation.

Basic data: ASA DDM60pro with AutoSlew 5.2.1.9; Maxim DL pro 5.24, WIN 7

In AutoSlew: Motor on, Io, HomeFind Io, telescope in park position on the west side, counter­weights corresponding to the east side, movement of the telescope via the Move control field in AutoSlew in all directions as expected.

In Maxim: Telescope Connect Io. In the "Telescope" card type control via the move control field e.g. to the north leads to a pier flip (telescope corresponding to the east side, counterweights on the west side), then renewed control to the north leads to a correct north movement.

Settings in the card type "SETUP, Telescope, Options, Mount Type": German Equato­rial

Settings in the "SETUP, Telescope, Options, Side of Pier" card type: ASCOM normal (all others tested without modification).

Does anyone have an explanation or solution for me?

The problem has not yet been solved. Perhaps the following new information helps:

Prerequisites: Homefind io, basic calibration at the zenith position as described in the manual (location adjusted via GPS, counterbalance bar points eastward with view of the plugs, telescope consequently to the west to zenith, synchronized to P1, Set New Homefind executed) .

Display in AutoSlew at this location:

Az = 180 (N = 0)

H = 180 (S = 0)

Moving the telescope in MAXIM leads to a pier flip.

Display in AutoSlew after:

Az = 180 (N = 0)

H = 0 (S = 0)

Is the solution to the problem to be found here?

If so, what is to be done?

One of the first things I do in MaximDL V6.11 is go to the Telescope tab, Site and Optics and then press "Download from Telescope" or something to that effect.

That way it is using exactly the same location info as Autoslew.

Also best to make sure it is in JNow and now J2000.

• 3 weeks later...

Wat is exactly your park position in AS?

If you are below the parking below the pole, then this might cause some problems.

I had similar problems with AS in the Southern hemisphere.

Maybe if you try different park positions to find the one where the problem does not exist will help.

Josch