5 replies to this topic

#1 astrosirius

astrosirius

• Beta Tester
  • 113 posts
  • LocationÀger

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hello everyone.

After many years working to solve my problems due to loss of connection in the DEC HUB axis, I have found a way, for that reason I would like to share with the entire ASA community, maybe I can help my friends and future buyers.

I know I am not the only Person who have suffered such problems, but finally I give up, I think I am not the only person to give up this issue.

I hope it helps and sorry for my poor English, maybe it's not the best, but I think understandable within the comunity.

Best regards

Lluís Romero.

http://astrophotographysirius.com/

Attached Files

Edited by astrosirius, 24 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#2 maxmirot

maxmirot

• Beta Tester
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:22 AM

LIuis,

Thanks for sharing this solution. My hub works ok but this a great way to network devices !

Thanks

Max

#3 astrosirius

astrosirius

• Beta Tester
  • 113 posts
  • LocationÀger

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

LIuis,

Thanks for sharing this solution. My hub works ok but this a great way to network devices !

Thanks

Max

You're wellcome Max.

Is my pleasure try to help to the ASA Users.

Best regards
Lluís Romero.

http://astrophotographysirius.com/

#4 Waldemar

Waldemar

• Beta Tester
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Hi Lluis,

Thanks for the information.

I wonder if this Silex DS-600 can be connected straight to the ethernet connection of the computer, so it can serve as a USB-ethernet converter, and how long the cat cable can be. Thank you in advance for your appreciated answer.

Best Regards,
Waldemar

edit:

By the way the real problem may have been the internal USB hub. Happened to me too. 

I replaced it and everything worked fine again.

Edited by Waldemar, 07 March 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Waldemar
--------------
Mount: DDM85 Standard 12V ; Telescopes: TEC140 + 140FF + Quad TCC ; Celestron RASA; TMB 92SS + 27TVPH Cameras: ZWO ASI 174MM cool; SBIG STF8300M; ATIK4120EX; TRIUS SX-36
Filters: Astronomik and Baader NB + RGB; Lunt double stack 75 mm unobstructed signature series + BF 3400; Dutch weather and light polluted skies.  

#5 astrosirius

astrosirius

• Beta Tester
  • 113 posts
  • LocationÀger

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hello Waldemar,

I am in business trip, sorry for the delay to answer you, but I have not too much accessibility in China.

I never tried to connect directly to the computer, I always do by router, but as I understand can be possible. Please try to check the web site of Silexeuroope.com and download the Data sheet, it seems is possible.

http://www.silexeuro...ers/ds-600.html

As I have read you can put an Ethernet cable Cat 6 with up to 100 mt and about the USB cable around 5 mts.

Note: When you have said you have replaced the internal USB hub, as I understand you are talking that you sent the mount to ASA to repaired or did you it by yourself? I have been contacting with Martin Puch from ASA, he recommended to send the mount, but too much work for me in this moment, maybe in the future I will send to ASA to handle the internal HUB plus to install the Absolut encoders.

Best regards
Lluis.

#6 Waldemar

Waldemar

• Beta Tester
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hi again Lluis,

Thanks for answering from China :-)

I did it myself. ASA did not really like that, but it is a bit nonsense to send the mount back for a lot of money, to have a part replaced that  only costs a bit and you can easily replace yourself if you are a little handy... Mine was a DDM60 Pro, so a bit different from a DDM85, but that should not be a problem either.

Let me know if you need help by phone or mail.

BR

Waldemar

Waldemar
--------------
Mount: DDM85 Standard 12V ; Telescopes: TEC140 + 140FF + Quad TCC ; Celestron RASA; TMB 92SS + 27TVPH Cameras: ZWO ASI 174MM cool; SBIG STF8300M; ATIK4120EX; TRIUS SX-36
Filters: Astronomik and Baader NB + RGB; Lunt double stack 75 mm unobstructed signature series + BF 3400; Dutch weather and light polluted skies.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users