Big Bug fix in Autoslew 5240 results in better unguided performance

maxmirot

Impressive!
I still have to test the new version. Let's see what the results will be.

I also think there are still other bugs in the pointing part of Autoslew, as we operate one scope (Veloce 200RH) which is perfectly polar aligned. Without a model, we can go to about 20 minutes unguided, with the model we can't even get close to 5 minutes...

Ok guys I tested this with two different systems:

• My 20" Cassegrain, running at about 3400mm FL. 10 minutes unguided was no problem, whithout MLPT. This is definitively an improvement
  • My 14,5" f3.6 Newton, while still being autoguided, was basically doing no corrections over 15 minutes subs.

I still want to see if this works when the model becomes "older". With the Cassegrain, I actually used the gathered data of an older AutoPoint run, which seems to work well anyway...

I just did some tests so far. I want to try more without MLPT using SGP.  I reserve test for moon up time. So more from me in few weeks.

SGP needs to implement RBI from my SBIG camera before I try real runs with this.

Btw, ASA recommend a new pointing model. I don't know why old data would be different from a software perspective.

I love to here more results from others.

Max