Using the DDM85 Galv power socket

nakbrooks

Question

Is anyone using the Galv power socket to power an FLI Proline camera?  I was going to make up a cable to do this but was put off a bit by a comment by FLI on the FLI Yahoo group that the supplied AC power adaptor for the Proline cameras "soft starts" and they strongly advise against hot plugging.  I'm not sure whether the DDM85 Galv supply would provide a sufficiently soft start when powered on - I'd hate to damage my brand new PL16803! 

Thanks

Nigel

6 answers to this question

Hi Nigel,

I power my Microline since more than two years using the Galv power without any problems, but I'm not sure how or whether the power adaptor is different to the Proline ones.

The power adaptor delivered with my ML8300 is branded "Power Solve", Model PSG120-12-01 (120Watts).

Clear skies,

Robert

Robert, how did you wire the FLI plug? It has 4 pins (2 positive and 2 ground). Did you use both the Galv supplies or did you connect both the FLI pairs in parallel to only one of the Galv supplies?

I'd like to only use 1 of the Galv supplies if possible as I need the other for the camera on my secondary OTA.

Thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I just checked it at the mount to be sure how I did it:

I connected both FLI pairs together to one Galv supply and use that to power my ML8300 together with the filterwheel.

I use the other Galv supply to power my motor focus controller (that sits at the mount head) and a small power distribution box that provides 3 additional 12V plugs at the mount head for e.g. dew heaters, flat-box, fans, ...

I hope this helps and that you also get your pointing errors sorted out,

Robert