Prism

Waldemar

ASA may gave developed proprietary extensions to ACL, but if they haven’t and ASA mounts are compliant with the current ACL standard then that raises a lot of interesting ideas.

Unfortunately I don’t have either the time or expertise to explore further.

ASA may gave developed proprietary extensions to ACL, but if they haven’t and ASA mounts are compliant with the current ACL standard then that raises a lot of interesting ideas.

Unfortunately I don’t have either the time or expertise to explore further.

I don't have any expertise either.

ASA may have preserved the basic driver commands from ACL.

Extra commands that are for encoders, direct drive motor start up and tuning, loading pointing models and MLPT are going to be proprietary.

It might be a clue if you can separate out the basics when looking at the USB traffic.

Hi Max,

not really, the driver is sending a shitload of data through the serial line, mostly status updates coming from the mount. I currently have no time to dig into this further.

ACL might be an interesting way to go, and there seems to be an ASCOM driver already there: https://www.ascom-standards.org/Downloads/ScopeDrivers.htm

Maybe somebody could give it a try?

Why not?

This part of the forum is only accessible to beta testers who have already bought ASA mounts.

Any successful reverse engineering will not cost ASA anything because they do not seem to be developing the software themselves.

If ASA object I am sure they will comment.

George